xxiii.

Ally walked down the staircase slowly, using the railing to help. She could hear music and Dinah's voice flowing from the kitchen, making her smile slightly. She eventually made it to the kitchen without Dinah noticing, the blonde's back turned to her as she stood at the stove. Ally sat quietly, enjoying Dinah singing as she swayed.

When Dinah turned around her face lit up, "hey baby."

"Hi," Ally smiled.

"How long have you been sitting there?" Dinah asked, putting the plate of eggs on the kitchen island. She quickly kissed Ally's cheek before returning to the stove.

"Not very long, just a few minutes," Ally answered.

Dinah nodded, "and how are you feeling?"

Ally chuckled, "sore and a little shaky, but other than that I'm good."

"That's good," Dinah turned to grin at Ally.

Ally sighed, "we still have to go Christmas shopping. Oh, did Mani come home?"

Dinah's lips pulled into a line, "how am I supposed to know?"

"I don't know, it was just a question," Ally rolled her eyes, "I would say I'd check my phone but it's all the way upstairs and I don't think I'm in the best condition to get up those stairs again."

Dinah laughed, "I will go check as soon as I'm done with the bacon."

"Okay, but seriously, Christmas shopping," Ally said.

"Christmas shopping. Why don't you make a list?" Dinah suggested, quickly stepping away to grab the notepad off the fridge door and pen from a drawer, sliding the items toward Ally.

"Okay, we have Mani, Laur, Daya, Camila," Ally began.

"Brandon, Gina, and the two boys," Dinah continued.

"Your siblings?" Ally looked up.

"There's Naki, Mila, Sala, Gina, Seth, Hoi, Vaka. Then Chris, Taylor, and Alena," Dinah listed off.

"Your parents," Ally said.

"You don't hav-"

"But I want to, they've done so much for me, even before us getting together," Ally protested.

Dinah sighed and smiled slightly, "okay baby."

"I think that's it though," Ally said, skimming their list.

"Yes, I think so," Dinah agreed, putting the plate of bacon on the table next to the eggs, "I'm going to go check for Mani and grab your phone."

"Thank you mi amor," Ally said, puckering her lips. Dinah chuckled and pressed a quick peck to Ally's lips before leaving the kitchen.

Ally got up to grab three plates, distributing the pancakes, eggs, and bacon Dinah had made. Dinah returned with Ally's phone and no Normani.

"She's sleeping, she said she'll get up later," Dinah shrugged. Ally nodded and continued making their plates while Dinah grabbed two mugs out of the cupboard. "What do you want to drink? I also made hot water so there's tea."

"Tea please," Ally nodded. Dinah poured hot water into the two mugs over tea bags and sat them on the kitchen island. Ally picked up her phone when it began ringing, "hello?" Dinah raised an eyebrow silently, sipping her mug. Ally mouthed 'Brandon,' before getting up slowly and walking away, continuing her conversation in the living room.

Dinah continued eating until Ally came back and joined her.

"So, Brandon and Gina are going on a date night later and they wanted us to watch the kids, is that okay?" Ally asked.

"Of course, I miss my little man already," Dinah grinned.

Ally chuckled, "okay, I'll let Brandon know. We also don't have anything kids can do so maybe we should go hit the store real quick?"

"Good idea, eat your food bubs," Dinah reminded softly. Ally smiled and put her phone down after texting Brandon.

== + ==

"So," Dinah placed the three large bags onto the coffee table in front of Ally and Normani, "I got coloring books, coloring supplies, Play-dough, Hotwheels, and two more sets of Legos."

"What happened to it being close to Christmas and not spending a lot?" Ally raised an eyebrow.

"Well this can be for future use, not just for Jack and Asher. My siblings as well," Dinah shrugged, "plus I really liked this dino coloring book and I couldn't resist."

Ally chuckled and shook her head, "my big child of a girlfriend. Come here, join the cuddle session."

"Okay," Dinah beamed, squeezing in between Normani and Ally.

"We'll be able to handle two boys, right?" Normani asked.

"Surely," Ally said.

== + ==

"Thanks again so much!" Brandon and Gina stood in the entrance of their home with Jack and Asher at their feet.

"Of course, I want to spend as much time as I can with these little munchkins," Ally grinned, looking at her two nephews.

"Be good for Ally, DJ, and Mani, okay?" Brandon looked down at the boys.

"Bye bye," Jack and Asher hugged and kissed Brandon and Gina goodbye before standing at Ally's feet to bid their parents one final farewell.

"Alright boys, what're we up to?" Ally said when both of them turned to her.

"Daddy saids you's weally good at bakin', we bake?" Jack asked, a small smile forming on his face.

Ally chuckled, "how about we make cookies?"

"Yeah!" Asher exclaimed, dragging Jack into the kitchen.

"Ninah!" Jack squealed, running into Dinah's legs as she stood at the fridge.

"Hey little man!" Dinah bent over to pick him up, throwing him in the air once to make him giggle.

"Hi DJ!" Asher waved excitedly.

"Hey Ash," Dinah smiled and kissed his head, Jack on her hip, "what're you boys doing in here?"

"Tía Lily saids we make cookies!" Asher grinned.

"Is that so?" Dinah raised an eyebrow at Ally before blowing raspberries on Jack's cheek.

"And you're helping," Ally nodded.

"If I have to," Dinah groaned, then chuckled after to let the boys know she was playing around.

After cleaning up a large flour fight mess, the four were finally able to get a pan of cookies into the oven and the kitchen back to being decently clean.

"That smells delicious," Normani came into the kitchen with her nose turned up.

"We just put them in, they'll be out soon," Ally informed.

"Well I got the back room set up," Normani mentioned.

"Oh! Thanks Mani," Ally smiled, getting a nod from her best friend, "alright boys, we have a little surprise for you guys."

"Surprise?" Asher looked up from Dinah's phone.

"Yup," Dinah said, moving to put both boys on the ground and getting her phone back from Asher.

"Follow Mani," Ally instructed, gesturing to the girl in the doorway. Normani led Asher and Jack away as Dinah began to follow, only for Ally to pull her back into the kitchen. "Thank you for being so good with the boys."

"Oh please they're actual angels, this is nothing compared to my family," Dinah waved her off with a chuckle.

"I know but still," Ally said softly.

"I gotchu baby," Dinah kissed Ally's forehead, "now let's go play." Ally giggled and rolled her eyes as Dinah dragged her off.

a/n: it's shitty but it's an update leave 🙄✋🏽

my bad it's 1 month later tho 😭🤣

i haven't been writing bc ive been so busy but ajdjakdjs