Chapter 17

Danny felt more nervous about leaving this time around. This time he was leaving the woman he loves and his unborn child. There was a lot more at stake here if something happened to Danny or anyone he knew Nancie couldn't cope. He was tempted turn around and take Nancie away from all of this mess. But that wasn't the man he was and brought up to be. He zipped up his bag, taking a deep breath and leaving the room. He had to survive. He couldn't leave them.
"Hey."Someone said behind Danny. He knew that voice anywhere. He turned around to look at Nancie, who had tears in her eyes.
"Hey."He responded not knowing what to say.
"So you really leaving aren't you?"Nancie said already knowing the answer.
"Yeah,I am"Danny said. Nancie didn't waste anymore time and ran towards Danny and wrapped her arms tightly around his neck. She wanted to be strong for him but she couldn't. Danny didn't say anything and just held her tightly trying to savour the last minuets they had together. Nancie let go a little, so she could look into the beautiful eyes of the man she loved.
"Promise me you'll be careful. Your not just fighting for yourself anymore. Your fighting for the 4 of us." Nancie said finally braking the news.
"We're having twins!"Danny said shocked.
"Yes so I can't do this without you. I don't want to." She said, Danny could see the tears in her eyes.
"I know baby, but I promise I'll come back for all of you and we can go anywhere we want."He said looking into her eyes and tucking a piece of hair behind her ear. He didn't say anything else but kissed her. Nancie couldn't let got she didn't want too. But a cough interrupted them and they both knew it was time. They had to be separated.
Danny grabbed her hand and they walked tougher towards the plane where Rafe and Eveyln was already waiting for them. They had their own private moment. Their relation ship seemed better after the attack. Nancie was happy for them.
They walked closer to the plane and Nancie didn't know how to handle it but she tried her best to be brave. Suddenly Danny turned around to face her and place his hand gently on her belly looking into her eyes.
"Nancie I love you and I want to marry you. I want our children to know me and I want to know him and her. Don't tell me I know it's a boy and a girl. And I promise you, I will do whatever it takes to come back to you."Danny told her and knelt down and kissed her belly. Nancie couldn't hold in her tears anymore and let a few slip out.She kissed him again, knowing it was the going time be the last one for a long time.
"I love you too Danny. More than you'll ever know. Take care of my heart out there it belongs to you. It's your to keep. Nancie told him. Danny kissed her again before slowly moving away from her. Nancie walked over to Rafe and said goodbye to him and to stay safe.
Eveyln came up to her, she was crying aswell.
They were both sending their loved ones into war. They both knew they needed eachover through this.
As Nancie and Eveyln watched the plane soar through the air Nancie could help but feel her heart go with it. She hoped to god that Danny Walker wouldn't break her heart again.