I bet he's happy that she's swooning over him, Steph thinks and narrows her eyes at him.

"What would you like to order?" Ashley asks Chris. She somehow managed to make the question sound flirtatious.

"I'm not ordering anything. I'm here for her." Chris replies, gesturing to Stephanie.

"Oh, okay." Ashley finally turns to Steph. "What would you like to order?" She questions but because Steph has zoned out, she doesn't hear.

"Hello.... Earth to Hazel," Chris says, waving his fingers in front of her face.
Only then does Steph snap out of it.

"Yes, yes. What is it?"

"Where did you go?" Chris inquires, leaning closer to her with concern all over his face.

"Excuse me, can I take your order?" Ashley interrupts before Steph can answer because she's feeling a little jealous. She doesn't like the way Chris is looking at her. It's pretty obvious she means a lot to him.

"Um, an espresso and a bagel will do."

Ashley jots it down and turns to Chris. "Not that it's any of my business but are you guys together?"

Her question makes Chris to stare at Steph as she anticipates his answer. He wants to say 'Not yet' but he doesn't want Steph to her upset so he says, "No."

Steph doesn't like his answer but she tries not to show it on her face. She watches the grin on Ashley's face as she walks away to get her order.

She probably thinks she has a chance with Chris, Steph mentally scoffs.

Silence envelopes them after the waitress leaves and Steph doesn't like it so she speaks.
"Aren't you getting anything?"

"No, I'm okay. Are you okay?"

"What do you mean?" Her brows furrow.

"You seemed to have zoned out a while ago. Is there something bothering you?" Chris inquires softly.

Why is he such a sweetheart? Steph asks herself.

"No, there's nothing bothering me," she lies. "I'm okay."

She can't possibly tell him that the way Ashley's flirting with him is bothering her, can she? You only say that to someone you're in a relationship with.

Annoying Ashley returns with Steph's order, a flirty smile and a piece of paper. Of course, the flirty smile and piece of paper are for the swoon worthy guy seated before her. She winks before walking away and Steph feels like she's about to snap but she keeps the lid close.

You don't have the right to, Stephanie. It's not like his your boyfriend, she tells herself.

"What's that?" Steph tries to act non-chalant as she nods towards the paper in Chris' hand.

Chris has a blank look on his face as he turns the paper for her to see. It's a phone number with a 'call me' written on top of it.

Steph scoffs. "Wow. She sure moves fast."

Normally, Chris would have a cocky smirk on his face at times like this but right now, his face is expressionless; and Steph notices. She begins to wonder if he's contemplating actually calling her.

So she takes a sip of her espresso and clears her throat after. "So, are you gonna call her?"

"I don't know, should I?"

Steph shrugs. "I don't know. I don't care." She begins to eat her bagel and Chris smiles as he watches her.

"You're the one that asked," he retorts.