(5) Mystery Movies

I said yes

I said yes.

Does that make me a bad person?

I mean I just broke up with Ryder and I am going on a date with Christian that evening itself.

That definitely makes me a bad person, doesn't it?

Should I even do this? I mean, although I had known Christian since freshman year, I talked to him only yesterday.

What if he is some secret serial killer? What if he is just trying to get on my good side only to kidnap me and kill me later?

Okay Val. Stop. You see way too many Mystery movies.

I should just stop overthinking this, shouldn't I?

But- "Hey sis!" Jonah interrupted my train of thought. I have never been more thankful for him ever in my life.

"Okay. What's wrong?" He asked as soon as he looked at me.

"Nothing's wrong." I lied. Who am I kidding? Of course he is going to see through my lie.

I can lie straight to anyone. I am not one of those people who we call 'bad liars'. But there are a few people who can see straight through my lies. One of them being Jonah.

"You can be very good at lying, but you know you can't lie to me." He said as he sat on my bed. "Now, what's wrong?"

"Ryder broke up with me." I told him.

"Oh god. Are you okay?" He asked.

And then I explained everything that went down last night and this morning.

"Wow sis! Playing with two boy's hearts at once. I taught you good." He smirked, trying to brighten my mood.

"Shut up!" I playfully glared at him.

"I think you should go on this date. See how he is. But based on what you told me, he seems like a good guy." Jonah said as he stood up.

"You really think I should do this?" I asked.

"Look, you already said 'yes' to him. I am a guy and I know it takes a lot of guts to ask a girl out. If the girl cancels the plan after saying a 'yes', his confidence would be crushed. Go on this date and see how he is like. You never know, you might end up falling for him." Jonah stated.

"Plus I don't think you ever liked Ryder that much. I mean, you guys barely kissed!" He threw his hands in the air. "And don't feel guilty. Ryder was the one who broke up with you. Not the other way around."

"And if the date is bad, just text me and I'll be your brother in shining armor." He raised his hand in the air, showing that he was holding a sword and stood with a proud look on his face.

His antics made me roll my eyes.

"When did you get so smart?" I chuckled.

"I was always smart, sweetheart. You were the one who never noticed." He smirked. "Now let's have lunch cause I am starving." And with that, we both headed downstairs.