(4) Butterflies

It was raining and I didn't have an umbrella

It was raining and I didn't have an umbrella. My clothes were fully drenched and- Wait what?

How is it raining indoors?

I opened my eyes to find myself drenched in water. I shot up and looked around only to find my dear brother standing there, smirking like he had just won an Oscar.

"What the hell Jonah!" I shouted.

"You weren't waking up." He shrugged.

"So you poured ice water on me?" I raised my eyebrows. He just shrugged, trying to control his laughter.

Oh. He is so dead.

I got up from the bed and ran towards Jonah, who bolted outside the room.

I was pretty fit. Cheerleading has been good for my muscles. But then again, even Jonah was a football player.

"Jonah!" I shouted as I chased him down the stairs.

While running down the stairs, I forgot one small thing- I was drenched in water. I slipped on some water before I reached the last step, making me fall on my butt.

Wow Val. Just wow.

Much to my dismay, Jonah saw this and burst out laughing.

"What is going on with you? It's early in the morning for gods sake!" My dad shouted as he entered the living room, his 'Best Dad' coffee mug in his hand.

"He woke me up by drenching me in water." I complained.

"She chased me around the house for almost ten minutes!" Jonah complained.

"He made me trip and I fell down the stairs." I lied. Well, it was partially true. It was Jonah who poured water on me which had made me slip.

"I did not. You fell on your own." Jonah narrowed his eyes at me.

"That will be enough, you two." My dad glared at both of us.

"It's so early in the morning. Plus you don't even have school. Why did you have to wake me up?" My dad groaned.

My dad was never a morning person. But when mom died, he had to be one. He always had to wake up early, make us kids breakfast, go early to the two jobs he was balancing at that time.

It was only when I started going to high school that he got a huge promotion in one of his jobs and he became a bit relaxed as he didn't need to do two jobs.

"Jonah. Apologise to your sister." My dad stated.

"Why should I do that? She was the one who chased me around the house." Jonah complained.

"She wouldn't have had to chase you if you wouldn't have poured water on her." My dad stated.

I am pretty sure my dad could solve My and Jonah's arguments in his sleep. He was very used to it.