𝟬𝟬𝟭 three years

Start from the beginning

     "What the hell are you doing in the woods?" Scott asked, moving next to Stiles who was now completely star-struck at the sight of her standing in front of them.

     "I um—was going on a walk."

     I think...

     "Why are you guys here?" she raised a suspicious brow at the two.

      "Looking for a body." Stiles plastered a grin, placing his hands on his hips. "Or half of one."

     "Uh-huh..." she didn't look surprised, "Were you listening to one of your dad's calls again?"

     His grin fell, "Maybe..."

     Before she could say something else, her attention shifted to Scott—more specifically to what he was wearing. It was the exact same outfit the boy wore in her dream. But why would she have such a weird dream of him?

It's probably just a coincidence...

     "What?" Scott furrowed his brows when he noticed her staring.

     Stiles noticed too, although he on the other hand had to hide his jealousy over the fact that her eyes weren't on him. But his jealousy was just platonic... he liked Lydia. Not Averi.

     "Sorry." The girl shook her head, snapping out of her thoughts. Then she sensed an opportunity at her hands, "So... are we gonna look for this body or what?" a smirk forming across her face, it wasn't like she had anything better for her back home.

Besides, the boys were like two untrained dogs without Averi by their side.

     Stiles smiled with excitement, who looked back at Scott and mouthed 'I told you so.' which earned him a glare. Without hesitation, he began walking again with no care to ask why she would stay with them.

     Scott on the other hand, was a bit confused why she did. Not that it bothered him—if anything, the fact that it didn't bother him, bothered him. He figured Averi would just forget about this tomorrow, even though deep down he hoped she wouldn't

     But he changed his focus back to Stiles, and his 'very well-thought-out plan' on how they'd find the body, "It's comforting to know that you've planned this out with your usual attention to detail, Stiles."

     "I know." The buzzcut boy exclaimed.

     "Maybe the severe asthmatic should be the one holding the flashlight, huh?" Scott leaned against a tree as he began to shake his inhaler.

     Averi couldn't help but think how surreal everything felt, she considered pinching herself to see if this was still a dream. But reality settled when a hand suddenly grabbed hers, pulling her down to the ground under a curved stick. She noticed how Stiles hadn't let go of her hand just yet, causing a load of butterflies to fill her stomach...weird..

     The asthmatic one of the group soon joined the two laying on the ground, leaving Averi in the middle.

     Stiles quickly shut off his flashlight seeing many in the distance from the police, also searching for the other half of the body.