𝟬𝟬𝟭 three years

Start from the beginning

     "Okay—seriously, Scott, again? You need to let that go 'cause it's not true." The buzzcut boy defensively denied, "And you know it's not true because—"

     "Because you like Lydia." His best friend finished his sentence, although his tone clearly said he didn't believe him one bit, "You also completely forgot that she ghosted us."

     "She didn't ghost us—alright? She just- temporarily stopped talking to us..."

     "Three years is temporary?"

     "You know what— believe it or not, Scott, this year it'll be the three of us again." Stiles persistently claimed, continuing his walk along the woods.

     "You said the same thing last year."

     "This year's different!"

     "Whatever you say..." Scott paused before changing the topic, "Just out of curiosity, which half of the body are we looking for?" he asked his best friend, keeping his hands in his pockets and hoodie over his head.

     "Huh." Stiles hummed, "I didn't even think about that."

     "And uh- what if whoever killed the body is still out here?" The dark-haired boy gulped nervously.

     "Also something I didn't think about..." Stiles began walking backwards, "I bet if we say her name three times she'll come back to us." he joked, switching back to the topic of their childhood best friend

     "This isn't Bloody Mary, Stiles. You're making it sound like she ran away from us or something."

     "Averi."

     "I miss her too but I'm not that delusional."

     "Averi."

      "She's probably getting a good nights sleep for school—which if you'd remember, is also tomorrow."

     Stiles was still walking backwards, "Averi—"

     Well, that was until he felt a back collide with his...

     "AHH!" he screamed, his view blinded by the flame being swung at him. He quickly moved back, not wanting his face getting burnt off—which then caused the boy behind to walk straight into his back, whose nose hit the back of his head.

     "AHH!" the girl screamed back at the sudden loud noise. Scott had also joined in the screaming, he was confused as to why they were making the loud noise but he still did so.

     "Averi?!" Stiles looked as if he saw a ghost, "Did I really— y-you—you're—" his jaw dropped, barely able to spit a word out.

     "Holy shit—it actually worked." Scott was in far too much shock to pay any attention to the throbbing pain in his nose. "Were you just trying to burn us?!"

     "Did I just summon you here?"

     "I thought you guys were a predator!—Wait what-" Averi stared at the buzzcut boy, confused after processing what he said. But she quickly looked down to the ground, pouting when she realized the cigarette fell from her mouth, "I just lit that."