~Chapter 42~

Lucien's POV

*Flashback*

"I know about that little slut of yours,Lucien.Get rid of her before something happens to her,okay?She got her mommy back so let her go now,"my mother smiled at me sickingly sweet and I glared at her.

"Leave her the fuck alone!"I yelled into her face.

"Getting winded up over a whore?Don't make me laugh,"she rolled her eyes and I clenched my teeth.

"Tell me the reason why you called me here,"I said through clenched teeth.

"You are going to marry Catherine Willow or little Scarlett is going to pay to consequences.Did you know your brother took quite a liking to her?"she taunted and I tensed up.

"What makes you think I'll do something so ridiculous?I have enough power to make you and your little plan drop to your fucking knees,"I sneered and was about to stand up but she slid her phone over to me.I sat down slowly and looked at the image infront of me.It was a picture of Thomas  Gregory,Scarlett's scummy father.

"I let him out of prison.He is searching for them Lucien,all he needs is a simple address and a picture of them.Don't you think?He would love getting vengeance for what they have done to him,"she cackled as she watched me with a smirk.

"Don't,"I warned but she looked at me challengingly.

"Agree to my terms of marriage to merge with the Willow mafia and they will be as free as Thomas is now,"she said and took her phone back.

After contemplating for a few minutes I thought about how my men could protect her and her mother but reality came crashing down on me.She would never be safe with me.There would always be an opportunity for them to take her away from me.

"...Fine,"

Worst mistake I ever made.I wanted to be selfish.I wanted to keep her in my grasp and never let her go.When Catherine showed up at the party,I knew all would come crashing down.It turned out so much worse than I expected and I just wanted to explain to my princess everything and hug her.With that thought in mind,I turned on my side and snuggled closer to...space,space that didn't include Scarlett.

My eyes snapped open and I looked around in panic.The closet was open and I hurried inside.Most of her clothes were gone and I saw the awful dog bed gone as well.I hated the mutt but at that moment I wished he was still here,and that would mean Scarlett would be here as well.

I through on a shirt and ran towards the elevator.I arrived at the third floor and ran towards Scarlett's mother's room.I knocked,no answer.I threw the door open and was met with emptiness.

"Fuck!"I screamed and took off towards the flight of stairs that went from the first floor and stopped at the third floor.This can't be happening.She had to listen!If she left she was going to be an easy target to any of my rivals or even worse,my mother.

I threw the front door open and Haven came rushing towards me.

"Everything alright sir?Scarlett left half an hour ago to her aunt's-"I sprinted towards my car and pulled out my phone.I installed a tracker in every car,including hers,which I noticed right away she took off with.The tracker located that they were near Madison but were taking a Northern route.I quickly called Ace to follow me with a few men as I took off in search for my princess.

The red dot was moving fast and I looked to see they were nearly an hour away from me.I pressed on the accelerator and knowing Scarlett's driving she was driving as fast as the car would let her.I looked towards the red dot and noticed it stop.I couldn't understand why because it was in the middle of nowhere.

I kept driving till the thought struck me backhanded.She could be taken.My mother could have caught up to her.

"No,no,no,no!Fuck!Please no Scarlett!And what felt like the first time since I met Scarlett did I feel a tear drip down my cheek.