~Chapter 37~

Scarlett's POV

I saw guards in my line of vision everywhere.Lucien's men took another route and surrounded the area incase anything drastic were to happen.Lucien opened the door for me and I stepped out and held onto his forearm.He led us to the front door.A guard stepped forward and began patting us down.My daggers were securely strapped to my thighs and my gun wasn't going to be found either.Lucien handed over a gun and the guard nodded and gestured his hand forward.

"Why'd you hand over your gun?You know how dangerous this can turn out,"I scolded him in a whisper near his ear as we walked away from the guard and other one pushed the door open.We stepped theough and were greeted with beautifully lit broad hallway.

"Princess,don't underestimate me.I have two more and knives,"he said and I nodded in appreciation.After all,he was a mafia boss and actually knew what the fuck he was doing.

We reached the dinning area and seated was a few men and women.We greeted everyone and took our seats.I don't know is this was some kind of negotiation or just a ploy.Either way,I kept my guard up and looked around to see if I could spot my mother.

Just then,a man as tall as a fucking lamppost walked out with my mother clutching his arm.She looked nothing closed to frightened but I knew better.She kept up a perfect act so people didn't find out what my father was doing to us.It was childsplay for her to act so unaffected really.They neared us and the man left my mother's side and greeted us.

"Hello Mr.De Luca and Ms.Hayes,"he smiled and shook our hands.I gave him a glare before stepping toward my mother.We made eye contact and showed me vulnerbality behind them.

An arm grabbed my forearm and I snapped my head towards lamppost guy.

"Ah Ms.Hayes.I will ask you to refrain from going near Mrs.Sergei,"what the fuck?My eyebrows furrowed.My mother's maiden name is Hayes.We changed my surname after my father went to jail.

"We got married,"he stated simply.My eyes shot open and I glared at him.Lucien was now by my side.

"What the fuck?You kidnap my mother and decide to marry her?What kind of shit is that?!"I yelled at him and pulled out my gun.I pressed it to his forehead and watched as Lucien,as well as everyone else took out their own.I stepped infront of my mom and shielded her from any harm.

Just like that,the first shot was fired and I grabbed my mother's hand and ran behind a staircase.I looled at her and kissed her forehead before shoving her in a door that was in the staircase.I took the key and shoved it under the door.

"Mom,I love you.Don't open this door for anyone and if I don't come back,run when you hear nothing but silence,"I said through the door and heard her say"I love you buttercup.Stay safe,"I poked my head behind the corner and saw Lucien behind a pillar.I cought his eye and he nodded.I pulled my phone out of my bra and sent the message.

'Now'

I watched as doors burst open and Lucien's men ran inside.I ran towards him and I shot a guy on the other side of the pillar.Ace came running towards us with a bulletproof vest and I handed it to Lucien,In which he handed it back.

"Take the fucking vest!"I yelled at him and he shook his hand and shoved it on me.

"Fuck off,"he whispered and pecked my lips.I scowled at him before I pulled out a grenade and grinned.

"You aren't allowed to have grenades.What the fuck are you doing with one?"he asjed and tried to grab it.I shook my head and shoved it in my boobs.I watched in horror as lamppost guy stepped behind Lucien and pulled the trigger.

"Lucien!"I shouted in warning and turned around.The bullet pierced his shoulder and I sighed in relief and shot at him.He ducked behind the counter and I took off my vest and shoved it forcefully on Lucien.

"Get to a safe area and don't die,"I told him and he glared at me.

I peeked to see lamppost gone and cursed before running towards the staircase.There were several bodies laying around.I ran to the door under the staircase and whispered through it.

"Mom?"I asked and heard shuffling.

"I'm here.Honey I'm scared,"I heard her whisper.

"Just stay put okay?I'll come for you,"I said and ran off but turned around to slide a dagger underneath the door.

"Use it if needed,"I ordered and didn't get far before my neck was gripped by someone.I turned my head slightly to see a man with red hair.

He tightened his grip and I quickly released myself from the grip and punched him on the jaw.He blocked it and kicked me in my stomach.

I groaned and pulled out a dagger.I striked at him and successful stabbed him in his arm.He hissed in pain before I pulled it out and went to stab him in his chest but I felt something dig into the flash of my hip and I looked down to see a knife being pulled out.

"Fuck,"I said and fell to my knees.I looked around and saw pure chaos.Just as a gun was put to my forehead I saw Lucien out of the corner of  my eye and he shot them both in the heads.