Side Story 10 : Family Of Three

Qin Junqian and Fu Gui had been married for five years. As the son of the traitorous Noble Concubine Li NanYin, Junqian had tried his best not to stand out for their safety. Even if he was innocent, there is no guarantee that nobody wouldn't drop the blame for some crime he hadn't committed on his head.

Anyways, his father emperor had made sure to leave enough wealth for them and their future generation to live a comfortable life. However, as an independent prince who had high education while growing up and a cute wife at home, Junqian also wanted to do something, something that both he and his Ah-Gui could take pride in.

Knowing that Junqian was quite 'imaginative', 'intelligent', 'good with his words' and 'surrounded by possible plotlines', one of his friends suggested, "Why don't you start writing novels?" Junqian took his friend's suggestion seriously. Thus, he started his journey as a writer. And who would have expected that a prince like him who was a possible candidate for the throne would actually end up excelling in it?

When Junqian started writing his first novel, everyone around him gave him countless suggestions. Telling him to read history books, existing literature, write about warriors bluh bluh bluh… In the end, seeing the poor guy getting confused, Su Ying suggested him based on the knowledge he had gained from watching those brain squeezing green tea bitch harem dramas that he definitely was forced to watch and definitely didn't enjoy,

"Prince Junqian, ignore everyone. Writing is also a form of creation. You don't have to listen to everyone's advice or follow the way existing literature has been written. Follow your heart, take in the information around you, sprinkle a bit of your imagination magic and rainbow farts and just write whatever comes to your mind.

If you want it to be popular, add a bucket of angst potion which will cause people to cry and cover themselves up with their own snot but their masochistic tendency will still make them read the whole thing. Add three thousand litres of blood, two litres of sweat and gallons of tears… Add spiciness… The one that happens in bed and also the one that happens in war. Add multiple second male leads with second male lead syndrome.

And make it cringe… cringer… and cringiest. You'll see the miracle then."

At last, Junqian wrote his first novel by following Su Ying's advice. If cringe had a definition, that would be the description of it. If cringe had a physical manifestation, the book of the story would be the physical form of it. It was so cringe… So cringe that even modern days 'Twi*ght' would fail to shine in front of it.

And for the ancient people who could only read sophisticated bluh bluh literature, it ended up being their salvation. All the ladies, gers, married, unmarried, rich, poor and everyone who didn't have anything to do or weren't given the opportunity, ended up reading the novel in their free time as a form of entertainment. Unlike the boring sophisticated bluh bluh literature, it was something they could understand and something that didn't need too much brains and focus to read.

His book ended up being popular in no time. And Junqian, pen name Guiqian, ended up being a famous newbie writer. Some people with brains found the matter a bit difficult to digest. But as long as it works, it rocks.

Thus, Junqian found a very reasonable explanation to abstain from all the matters of the court and began his journey of following his 'dreams'.

In the five years of their marriage, Junqian and Fu Gui didn't have any children. The reason being not only that they weren't blessed by the God of Fertility but also that they weren't prepared. To be exact, scared.

Fu Gui had been there when Su Ying gave birth to the twins. He had heard the sounds of Su Ying being in excruciating pain and had also heard from Su Ying about how his butt almost split in two (He heard cause Su Ying couldn't stop barking about it to literally everyone). He was scared that he would die giving birth… Leaving Junqian to fend for himself.