6

At around 6, Lisa arrived at Jennie and Jisoo's.

"I come bearing wine for the grown-ups and uh.. chocolate bars for the kids." She got a look from Jennie "Hey - I couldn't figure out what equaled wine for kids, and then I remembered that kids love chocolate. Where are they anyway?"

"Oh, they're in Yeji's room. Jennie bought them a new video and they've been glued to that TV for the past few hours. They just keep rewinding it, and watching the same thing over and over." Jisoo said, leading Lisa into the kitchen. Jennie took the wine from her and opened it.

"OK, who wants some?" Jennie said, reaching for glasses.

"Me" Lisa said, almost too quick.

"I'll have some" Jisoo said. The doorbell rang. "Must be Mino and Carly." Just as Jisoo opened the door, Yeji came running out of her bedroom, with Hyunjin right behind her.

"Hey Mini, Carly. Come on in." Jisoo said, opening the door and moving out of the way to let them in.

"Samchon!" Hyunjin yelled.

"Uncle Mino!" Yeji said, equally enthusiastic.

"Hey, did my two favorite kids enjoy their first day of preschool?"

"Oh yeah, they had this really cool fire-truck." Hyunjin said, as Lisa walked up and pried Yeji off of Mino's arm.

"Hey Yeji, how come when I walked in, you didn't run up and hug me?" She said, picking her up and holding her.

"Oh Aunt Lisa, don't be such a poophead!" Yeji said, adjusting herself so that'd she be more comfortable in Lisa's arms.

"Hey Yeji, what'd we say about using that word?" Jennie said, poking her head out from the kitchen.

"That I shouldn't say it" Yeji said, rolling her eyes.

"That's right, young lady." Jisoo said, coming out from the kitchen. "I come bearing foods and beverages." Jisoo set the food and drinks on the table, and everyone grabbed at them. Hyunjin, thinking no one was watching, headed straight for a glass of wine. Jisoo stood over him and pulled the glass from his hands.

"Hey buddy, this isn't for you." Jisoo said, handing the glass to Carly. "This is for you." Jisoo said, picking up a plastic cup with a cover, which was filled with orange juice.

"But Mama, how come my drink isn't in a pretty glass like that?" He said, pointing to the glass Carly was holding, which he had been holding moments ago.

"Because knowing you, you'd spill it all over yourself and the floor. And then who'd be cleaning up that mess?" Jisoo said, sitting on the couch and pulling Hyunjin into her lap.

"Me" Jennie said, emerging from the kitchen, holding the remaining glasses of wine and Yeji's cup of apple juice. "Here, sweetie" Jennie said, handing the cup to Yeji.

"Thanks Mommy." Yeji said, plopping herself down between Mino and Jisoo, resting her arm on Mino's knee.

"Now, who wants pizza and who wants Chinese for dinner?" Jisoo said, reaching for her wine glass.

"I want pizza!" Yeji, Hyunjin , and Mino said in unison.

"I'll eat whatever everyone else wants" Carly said, not wanting to insult anybody's taste in food.

"Yeah, same for me. Whatever the kids want." Lisa said, grabbing a tortilla chip.

"OK, you guys want pizza?" Jisoo said, looking at Yeji and Hyunjin.

"Yeah!" Both said, loudly.

"OK, pizza it is. Does anyone want anything on it?"

"Pepperoni" Lisa said.