"You and I know it's a blatant lie."

"It's not", T-boy insisted.

"If you say so. What's your real name again?", Ladi asked him.

"Tunde", he answered.

"Tunde, your girlfriend is in the hospital battling with her life. I can go to the hospital now and give her a silent death without anyone knowing", Ladi said with an evil smile.

"You dare not. Keep Rachel out of this. She is innocent", he uttered with a frown.

"Innocent indeed. Whether innocent or not, she will be charged for conspiracy so it's better I make the death faster", Ladi said laughing.

"Don't touch her please", he begged.

"If only you will do what I want."

"What do you want?", he asked feigning ignorance.

"Who sent you?", Ladi asked him again.

T-boy was silent for a while before saying: "It was Mr...... I mean his name is....."

"Officer Ladi, the money we retrieve from the kidnapped site is lost", another officer announced coming inside the investigation room.

"What?" Ladi yelled rising up. "How come?"

"We can't find the officer that was assigned to go retrieve the money from the building. The officer and the money are missing."

***********************

Femi was on his way home after visiting the police station in Maraba Jos.

"The world is becoming something else. How can a police officer denounce his position in the Nigerian Force bcause of 5 million which is not his sweat", Femi thought.

His hands were tied now and he couldn't do anything other than wait for the police officers in Maraba to do something quick about it.

He was about to swivel the car to the area downtown when his phone rang. It was Bolu.

"Bolu, I am on my way home because it's late already. I intend to come as early as possible tomorrow with a change of clothes for you guys", he explained in one breath.

"Femi, you need to go to Fola's house now", she said to him with a tone of urgency.

"What is happening there?", he asked.

"I need you to go check up on her father. I have a feeling something isn't right."

"What happened to him?"

"I informed him of his daughter's death over the phone", she explained.

"What death?", he almost shouted.

"Fola is dead", she announced.

"What?"

**********************

Boss, I was unable to get there before the police did", Jaguar explained.

"Then why are you here?", the boss asked calmly.

"Boss, why am I here?", he asked back with confusion.

"Yes I asked you to get them no matter what and you know I don't take no for an answer. Go after them."

"Boss the thing is, they've been splited. Rachel is in the hospital, Fola and Iremide in another hospital and T-boy is in the police station over there. I just came back for further instructions on what to do and how to go about it", he explained to him.