Chapter 8

**(Edited)**

Brielle's POV

I instantly take the blankets off my body and open my car backdoor as I step out and see Colton. He's not what I expected to see but I'm not angry about it because he's in athletic shorts and he looks so good. I step out and instantly jump toward him hugging his neck before he can push me away and call me a crazed fan.

"Keegan called you I know he did. Thank you for showing up and helping me. I'm terrified of being out here alone even if it's you who's here helping me." I tell him as I pull away. He grins down at me before his hand stays close to my hip. I feel him rub it softly as he looks at my whole body.

What's the smile about? Is he warming up to me?

He makes me super self conscious when he stares down at my legs and then back up to my face. "Why are you dressed like this?" He asks glaring at my pink dress and small heels.

"I had a date earlier." I tell him as he rolls his eyes like always and walks towards my front tire that's blown. He takes one look at it before seeing how I tried to jack up my car and he laughs.

"Well it obviously went bad if the guy can't even make sure you got home okay." He scoffs out as he walks to the back of my car. He snatches my keys from my hands as he opens the back trunk and gets out the rest of the supplies I had no idea how to use.

"He actually was nice to me, unlike you have been and he was sweet. He just doesn't answer his phone. Trust me your were not my first choice." I scoff as he glares at me and turns back around to try and take off the tire. I lean down beside him as I watch what's he's doing and cross my legs so he doesn't see the lace underwear I have on. They actually do make me a lot more confident.

"Good to know he's a whimp who won't answer your calls. Seems like a great man." He tells me as I smile sarcastically.

"Maybe he should give you lessons in the manners department. You sure do seem to lack in those." I scoff as he rolls his eyes for what feels like the hundred time. I feel like he genuinely hates me and I have no idea what made him that angry with me.

"What are you doing now?" He asks as I lean beside him as I watch him let the bolts off as I hold a flashlight and watch him.

"I'm learning how to change my own tire. My dad taught me years ago but I forgot." I demand as he rolls his eyes. I want to never be in this situation again so I'm learning this so I don't have to speak to him again since he hates me this much.

"Will you stop doing that?! All you do is roll your eyes like you hate me and I literally did nothing to you! I went to the field for Keegan! Not you and you just treat me like you hate me for no apparent reason other than that I take up your precious oxygen!" I demand as he drops the wrench. He stands up and almost walks away as I grab his arm.

"Stop being an asshole to me and give me a reason of why I deserve to be treated this way by you." I demand as I look down at my hand on his arm from the flashlight. He shocks the hell out of me when he steps towards me and pushes my back into the side of my car. My breathing automatically increases I smell his signature scent intoxicate me.

He looks down at me before his hand reaches up and he grabs the side of my face. I feel his hard and calloused hands as he takes his thumb and rubs my cheek. I can't control the rise and fall of my chest as his face remains emotionless and he just stares down at me.

"Say something" I whisper as he stares and then switches his gaze to my lips as he licks his lips. I want to kiss him so bad, and I know he wants to kiss me too. It's wrong but I know he does. He acts like he hates me but now, he's sending me mixed signals on what he wants and he's confusing me.