Chapter 5

*Brielle's Dress for her date! Also with the bag and heels! Remember she's brunette and tall!*

Brielle's POV

I'm excited but I'm nervous for my date with Miles. So far we've talked on the phone and he's really nice to me, but I'm scared. So I've got Brogan on speed dial in case I need him, and he doesn't answer I have Eliza's husband Grant waiting on my phone call to know I'm okay. I don't trust anyone but my family, but I know that they would keep me safe and come rescue me if I needed someone to.

I don't think I will though because I told Miles I didn't feel comfortable with him picking me up, so he suggested I meet him at the restaurant so I'd feel better. When I told him I didn't want to meet super late at night, he suggested five in the afternoon so it was daylight and I'd feel safe.

He even told me he picked a restaurant outside so I could run, and he picked it close to a busy street with lots of people around. I don't know but just that thought made me smile and really think about the fact that I do like him a lot.

Drying my hair and body, I start my makeup. I don't want anything to flashy so I use simple and natural colors to make myself look alive and then a small amount of highlight. All that Gemma gave to me a while ago. Which happen to be my favorite products to use now.

Immediately thinking about her and how she's doing I call her. I instantly hit her name on my phone as it starts ringing. Then I switch her to FaceTime to see her face. She looks completely beautiful.

"Gemma!" I demand as she smiles.

"Bri? How are you? How's your mom? How's everyone?" She asks as I look behind her and see the New York skyline.

"Everyone's good. I was just thinking about you when I was doing my makeup with the stuff you gave me. Are you okay?" I ask as she nods and then looks down at her desk. She misses him, I know she does. She loves Brody and I know he loves her a lot, he just made a really big mistake and now he's paying for it. I feel guilty though about it, I didn't know he had so much rage built up. But he was different with her, it's like he was calm and collected all the time and when they came home for GG's funeral months ago, I didn't even really recognize who he was he was so calm. She made him into a better person.

"I'm okay. How's Brody because I haven't talked to him and it's literally been killing me not to. Is he seeing someone else? Is therapy working? Is he okay? Is he taking care of himself? He calls me everyday and I can't answer it or I know I'll burst into tears." She demands as I see tears fall down her cheeks just as she's talking about him.

"Gem" I whisper as she wipes her face. "It never gets easy at all and I miss him so much even after everything that happened." She tells me as she grabs a tissue and start wiping her tears away.

"Gemma. He's okay. He came home for my graduation and he looked really rough but I know that's because he misses you. He's doing fine though, and therapy's doing him good. He's not and will never see anyone else because he calls me and my mom and asks about how you're doing all the time. He's lost a little bit of weight since he's not playing football right now but other than that he's okay." I tell her reassuring her everything's okay as she nods and rubs her cheeks.