Chapter 1

Patiently he waited, sitting in the branches of a tall tree. Of course, patience had never been his strong suit. When you possess a musical instrument that can manipulate time itself to suit your needs, you tend to not develop a willingness to wait for anything. Then again, he had only used it like that during those two times he worked to save the world from unfathomable evils....

So Link continued to wait in his spot high up in the tree, watching out for the Wolfos that would come along at any moment. On a nearby farm, livestock had been slaughtered by a Wolfos for over a week, and Link, being the nice guy he was, agreed to do something about it. That Wolfos would be sure to pass through this part of the forest to get to the farm. But he had no idea WHEN the Wolfos would come, so here he sat, waiting for it to come along....

Growing tired of waiting, Link looked up and stared into the starry night sky. There was a full moon out tonight. But of course, this moon didn't have a scowling face, glowering at everyone down below with fearsome red eyes as it fell ever closer. No, he had solved that problem over.... just how long had it been now?

Link thought back to years past, when he had first learned of his destiny as the Hero of Time. He vividly remembered getting caught up in the struggle for the Triforce. His spirit got trapped in the Sacred Realm for seven years, and he awakened to find himself a fully-grown man, with a whole land being conquered by Ganondorf and crying out for his help. With Princess Zelda's help, he beat the King of Evil and had him sealed away in the Sacred Realm. Afterwards, he was returned to his original time. But he left Hyrule after that....

It was only weeks later that Link found himself caught up in a more dangerous adventure. That one Skull Kid from the Kokiri Forest had gotten his hands on a powerful relic called Majora's Mask and made his way to an alternate world called Termina. The mask housed an evil spirit that corrupted the Skull Kid and made him cause all sorts of trouble, the worst being causing the moon to crash into Earth within three days. Link had to relive the same three days over and over to release the Four Giants, the protective gods of Termina. They stopped the moon from falling, while he went on to beat Majora's Mask once and for all.

That had all happened years ago. Since then, Link had grown up naturally, instead of being a child who suddenly found himself in an adult body. He had travelled long and far in those years since he saved the world.... twice. But he never found himself in any other situations like when he fought against Ganondorf and Majora's Mask. To be honest, he was finding life a bit too boring....

Absent-mindedly, he rummaged through his supplies bag. Yes, he still had them - the transformation masks he had gotten in Termina, which allowed him to turn into a Deku scrub, a Goron warrior and a Zora musician. They had proven invaluable in Termina, and he still used them from time to time. He had also held on to some of the more useful masks he had found in Termina, like the Stone Mask, Bunny Hood, Mask of Truth, and....

Huh? I still have the Giant's Mask? Link thought to himself. Most of the other masks he got in Termina he later sold or gave away, yet for some reason, he held on to this one, even though he had only been able to use it once. And how long ago was that?

Link had sort of lost track of time over the years, but now that he thought about it, he guessed it had now been over seven years. That meant, his past self that had travelled into the future, had defeated Ganondorf months ago, and....

Link's train of thought was rudely interrupted by a sonorous howl that resounded throughout the forest. No doubt that his quarry had finally arrived. Link looked down from his perch and, sure enough, there was a Wolfos running along the forest trail toward the farm.

Under the light of a full moon, that Wolfos was an insanely easy target, impossible for Link to miss. He took out his bow, powered up an ice arrow, and let it fly. Link's shot was right on target, freezing the Wolfos solid. Link followed up with a normal arrow. and its frozen body shattered to pieces. A quick, painless death; Link was in a good mood tonight.