"Four may have forgiven you for abandoning us, but I haven't. You left us. We needed you and you left us." Ella argued, her eyes teared up and she took in a sharp breath. "But somehow...Somehow..." Ella shook her head and took a step back. "Somehow I still love you." She whispered.

She picked up her tablet then walked out of the room.

Evelyn let out a sigh and swallowed the lump in her throat.

~~~

"You're not going up there?" Chris asked Ella who was standing next to Eric. "No." Ella answered then looked at her friend. "You should be up there with Four." Chris pointed out, Ella shook her head and watched her mother get ready for her speech. "Hey." Tris greeted walking up to Ella.

"Hey, how'd it go?" Ella asked her.

"She's going to get them." Tris responded, Ella nodded and looked towards Eric. "You sure you want to do this?" He questioned her, she took in a breath and held his hand. "I have to." She answered then looked at Four who was up with their mother. "Where's Steve?" Eric asked her, she pointed up to where the rest of the leaders were and he took in a breath. "Glad he's the pacifist of our group." Tris pointed out, Ella nodded and looked at Steve who look uncomfortable up there. Yet, he had to be there since he was trying to keep the peace between the factions.

"He does know, right?" Tris asked the couple.

"Yup...He's the one who came up with the idea." Eric answered and lightly squeezed Ella's hand.

She just stared up at the leaders and watched as Steve looked through the crowd trying to find her in particular. He locked eyes with her and she gave him a reassuring smile.

She read his thoughts as he nervously collected himself for the trial, she concentrated into his head and spoke to him.

"Don't be frightened, you are doing the right thing." She said to him, he looked her away again and he nodded then took in a breath. "How do I know if it's right thing to do?" He questioned feeling doubt within himself, she crossed her arms and glanced at her mother who was speaking to another leader.

"The most difficult decisions tend to be the correct ones." She answered truthfully, he scratched the back of his neck and let out a sigh. She got out of his head then glanced up at Eric who looked around to the rowdy crowd.

"We're doing the right thing." She said to him, he looked down at her and let out a sigh. "You know, I have complete faith in you...I trust you." He responded with a small smile, she returned the smile and finally her mother spoke to the crowd. Ella turned to look and her smile immediately dropped, she already knew what her mother was going to do and knowing she opposed her ideals, she felt guilty for having Steve and Four up there to be the idealist and the pacifist.

"Before we begin, I would like to apologize to everyone." Her mother said to the crowd, she received confused looks, so she began to explain. "I was deceived by Jeanine like the rest you. I once believed what she said, was the right choice. Then I realized all of her choices were based on suppressing the voices of the common people, so instead of fighting against her...I ran away." She added, Ella's breath hitched and she crossed her arms which made Eric look at her since she dropped his hand pretty quick.

Four looked at Ella and crossed his arms as well.

"I ran away and faked my death. That way I had the chance to make a plan to defeat her and I did. Although, I ended up abandoning my two children, but that just made them stronger and more cunning." She explained which made her turn to look at both Ella and Four, the siblings stared her down and then people turned to look at them.