PART 5: Confrontations

♡×♡×♡

It was one of those moments where after getting back home, she didn't want to leave her house for a week. Lila wanted to pass out right then and there, but she managed to trudge to her room and kick her heels off. As soon as she closed the door behind her, she felt something brush against her leg. She looked down and smiled. "Leo, I didn't know you wanted to see me that badly," she teased, picking up the cat and gently petting him.

Leo just meowed in response and continued to purr while Lila stroked his black fur.

"Lila! Oh--there you are," Ms. Rossi said as she appeared in the doorway. Lila realized not only had she been zoning out almost every word, but she closed the door in her mom's face. She forced a smile and tried to seem like she knew what the conversation was about.

"Hey, how was---"

"Oh, our talk went great, but I'm going to have to head back for a bit. I figured it would be best to take you home, though." Ms. Rossi quickly kissed her daughter on the forehead and ruffled Leo's fur. "Ciao Bella, I'll try not to be home too late!"

And with that, she was gone just as quickly as she entered. Lila sighed as her mom rushed out and the door closed downstairs. She was alone.

Again.

"Typical. I can't even hold a conversation with her these days," she muttered. No one was there to listen except her cat, but she didn't care. Not even ten minutes home and her mom was already thinking about the next fancy outfit and type of champagne she needed to get on someone's good side.

A fashion designer's work is never done, I guess.

Lila looked into Leo's yellow eyes and sighed. "I can never tell whether you're annoyed at me. Maybe you just tolerate me because I feed you."

The cat just purred, and Lila couldn't help but smile. "I don't mind though. As long as you stick around," she said.

Suddenly Leo jumped from her arms, but not before leaving a scratch on her wrist.

"Dammit," she said a little too loudly. Luckily, the scratch wasn't as deep as others she'd gotten in the past, but her cat still made a mark. Leo hissed in response and curled himself into a ball on top of her bed.

Even though he's adorable, he still knows how to annoy me. Now I have a--wait.

Forgetting about her scratch for a second, Lila looked around her room.
When she didn't see what she was looking for, she picked up her backpack from the corner and dug
through it as well. But she found nothing. "Well this is great," she fumed. "First you scratch me Leo, and now I can't find one of my bracelets. I swear I had it on this morning..."

Before she could dump out the pieces of old homework, a memory hit her like a wave.

Well Lila, I look forward to seeing you again," he said as she shook her hand.

When she finally realized what had happened, she could instantly feel the anger rise inside her. "That piece of---"

Before she could go off about all the horrible things Felix was, she took a deep breath. "It's not like he's worth it anyway," she said slowly, even though she could feel her ears burning.

Don't you hate it when the cousin of the person you want to use steals something from you the first time you meet?

She needed to relax, so she put her hand behind her and pulled out the hair tie that was holding the rest of her long hair back. As her hair fell lightly down her shoulders, she thought of Felix.