PART 2: First Thoughts

♡×♡×♡

Lies. That's all she told them. Falsehoods that made them like her. They trusted her, sucked up to her, and told her everything.

She hated it. She hated the attention, the lies. She was tired of the facade she had to put up.

That's what she was expected to say.

What she actually said? Nothing.
She talked, they believed her. Switch out one sentence with another, change the setting, and just like that, people were waiting for the next half of the story. It was so simple it was entertaining.

As she walked down the hallway and towards her class, Lila Rossi couldn't stop thinking about this. The fact that her classmates were so easy to toy with made her laugh. Well, most of her classmates. She still had to deal with Marinette.

But it didn't matter. Everything Marinette did or said to her was simply out of fear. Fear that Lila would be the one to take away her crush, Adrien Agreste. It was sad really, because Marinette couldn't even talk to the boy. Not as easily as Lila could. She could've taken him away months ago if she wanted to.

Except she couldn't, because Adrien was the second person after Marinette who didn't believe the lies.

Lila sighed in annoyance at the thought, but quickly shook her head to get rid of it. Throwing back her long auburn hair, she entered the classroom. Not to her surprise, she received a warm welcome.

"Good morning Lila!"

"How are you doing Lila?"

"It's great to see you today!"

A smile instantly appeared on Lila's face. "Morning everyone! I'm so glad to see you waited for me," she said happily, hiding the fact that deep down there was no emotion in her greeting. Her olive-green eyes sparkled, and her cute smile just added to her persona.

Out of the corner of her eye, she could see a certain blue-haired girl glaring at her from her seat. Instead of returning the glare, Lila flashed the most sincere smile she could muster. Something about Marinette was just so annoying.

Maybe it was how she couldn't mind her own business.

"Adrien there you are!" Lila said loudly, wrapping her arms around the boy. "Time really flies over the weekend right? You need to tell me how you're doing these days."

She took a peek behind her and noticed Marinette looking away, clearly annoyed.

Before Adrien could respond Miss Bustier called the class to attention. Not that it mattered to Lila. As long as she got to piss off her main rival at least once, it was already a good day.

She pulled away from Adrien and headed toward her seat in the back of the room, ignoring the dirty look she got from the front.

×××

As Lila pretended to sort through her locker, her eyes locked with Marinette's as she walked toward her.

"I know what you're trying to do Lila. It's not working," Marinette said. "You can't annoy me that easily."

Lila snickered. "I don't know what you mean."

Marinette glared at her, already throwing her previous statement out the window. Just like Lila wanted.

Pathetic. Approaching me just proved my point, she thought. Marinette's annoyed for sure, but she's also desperate. This is all a game she thinks she can beat me at.