Author's Note

This story starts the day after the season 3 episode "Desperada" where Luka and Juleka unexpectedly find out information that seems to imply that their mother and rock star Jagged Stone were once in a relationship. It's not really necessary to have seen the episode before reading this, though it can help with some of the context. For those of you who know all things Miraculous, I wanted to state two things up front: 1) I wrote Luka as a few years older than Juleka as he's always seemed like that to me in the show and 2) I did bring one element into this story when it technically wouldn't have happened until later in season 3. In here, Marinette has already heard Luka's melody, the one that he composed that "matches her completely".  

As you may then guess, this is also mainly a Lukanette story (with hints of Marichat). Even if you don't think you like Luka and Marinette together, I hope you might give the story a chance. But, if you want Marinette and Adrien to be together through most of the story and get their happy ending, with no interference from Luka or Kagami, please try my book trilogy "Secrets Unraveled" that starts with the book "Just a Friend?". That story is how my heart wants our heroes' story to go as I ultimately believe those two should be together. But, with the way the show was leaning during Season 3, with Marinette and Luka becoming closer, I tried a storyline here where Marinette can learn something about herself and about being in a relationship with someone she likes and who cares for her. After all, no one says every relationship needs to last forever. I hope you will read on and enjoy the story! Please feel free to comment or consider voting for a chapter. I always appreciate your feedback and support!