Chapter 8 : Is it just me?

Start from the beginning

I stood up and picked Taemin's phone which was set at the side up. I opened it and scrolled back to the history. It was shown that a hospital from Seoul called earlier.

I quickly shoved the phone into my pocket and turned to Eunji. "I think I know what had happened."

She stood up and asked, "What is it?"

"I'll tell you later. I need to get Taemin to the hospital right now, even if he doesn't want to." I told her. I then took my phone and dialed for Myungsoo's number.

"Eunji, please go and tell Sungkyu to help you look over the kindergarten, and Taemin is on lift for this day." I told Eunji as I waited for Myungsoo to pick up the call.

"Yes, my dear?" Myungsoo answered as he picked up.

"Myungsoo, are you free right now?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I need you in the kindergarten right now. I'll just tell you what happened later. Can you be here in five minutes?"

"Umm, okay, anything for you. I just happened to reach near the kindergarten, I'll be there." He answered and ended the call.

I went to the room that Taemin had shut himself inside and called, "Taemin, come out!"

"Shireo!"

"Keys, Mrs. Kim." Sungkyu who had just come up with Eunji said as he took out the keys and unlocked the door. Taemin was in the corner of the room. The three of us quickly went in and tried to take Taemin out.

"I told you guys I won't go and see him! Even it's for the last time!" Taemin yelled.

"Yah! Lee Taemin! If you don't want, why would you even be there and crying all alone!" Sungkyu shot back. Myungsoo came in just in time and helped us to get Taemin out from the room.

"Just take him to the Seoul Hospital, Myung." I told Myungsoo as we success in getting Taemin into his car.

"You're not coming?" He asked.

"The kindergarten still has many things to do, Myung."

"Just leave it to us, Jocelyn. Go with L." Sungkyu told me. I turned around to him while he gave me a nod. I went in the car, sitting at the front seat, while Myungsoo went to the driver seat.

"So...what had happened?" Myungsoo asked as he drove the car to Seoul Hospital. Taemin who was behind seemed like had asleep.

"I told you before that Taemin's father were hospitalized because of his cancer, right? Taemin and his father relationship are not that good. He knew that his father loves him, but he just wouldn't admit it. Earlier, the hospital called. I assumed that Taemin had received a bad news from them." I told him.

"Like...his father passed away?"

"Maybe..." I slightly shrugged and closed my eyes.

"So that's why we need to be grateful that the people we love are still alive." Myungsoo nodded as agreement.

I felt like...we're distanced. Could it be? Actually, we rarely are home at the same time. Whenever it's night time, he would come back late. I understood because he's busy with his works, while sometimes Taemin will tell the three of us to come out and discuss about the kindergarten.

After a while of awkward silence between us, this pair of married couple, Myungsoo spoke.

"Have you thought about it?" He asked.

"Not really...I guess...I'm not ready to have kids." I told him truthfully.

"Never mind, take your time. I could wait. We're married anyway." He turned to me and smiled warmly.