"You can't cry alone. And if you want to say you're okay, don't, because you're not okay if you are crying", she searched for his eyes, hoping he would look at her. "I can be a friend now, a friend that wants to be with you when you cry"

Taehyung's eyes flick up, his face contorting as he feels guilty for putting her in such place. He did not think this through before deciding to just disappear and leave her with so many questions. In fact, it has been an accidental habit of him to do this every single year when his birthday is around the corner. He would just disappear to drown him self in self-loath and agony, destructing himself as he shuts down from the world just to fight this battle by himself.

He did not put Haru in the picture and that is his utmost regret right now. He is ready for her to lash on him, be mad and point faults at him for leaving her. But for some magical reason, deep down, he knows, the person seated beside him, the one who went all her way to find him and held him so lovingly—she understands him more than he does.

"Haru...", he clears his throat, gently pressing on her hand. "I am really sorry"

Taehyung failed to control his emotions when everything is still heavily lingering in his head and heaving his heart thus he couldn't stop the little tears that drops down his cheeks. To his surprise, for the second time that night, he feels her hands on his face, gently and ever so softly wiping the tears for him.

"Taehyung, I am you girlfriend. In fact, I plan to be one for a long time. But I am your friend too. You can choose not to tell me why you were there in the park, crying alone and it is completely fine. But right now, I want you to remember I am yours, and I wish to be with you whenever things get too heavy for you"

Blinking his eyes slowly, he watches as Haru smiles at him so sweetly and just like that, his heart melts again at the beautiful sight. Her words earlier have certainly made his heart swell, but then, when she smiles that favourite smile of his, his empty heart is slowly being filled with nothing but pure adoration and love. He feels warm, his cheeks feel warm as he blushes at her sweet words, and as much as the sadness still resides at some part of his being, the warmth of her affection won.

Without any second thought, Taehyung pulls her into a hug, burying his face into her neck as his hands snake around her body, holding her tight. As Haru wanted to speak, the little sobs that came out of him halted her words, and her hand froze for a few seconds before she gently returns the hug.

"It's okay, just cry", she caresses the back of his head. "Cry to me"

"I want to cry in your arms", he mumbles into her neck, making her chuckles when his hair ticklers her jaw.

"You can cry all night in my arms, but then, you need to eat something too okay? There is mushroom soup and—"

"I'll do anything but let me cry first", he tightens his grip on her, earning a soft laugh from her.

"Okay, I will be here with you"

And that was all it took for him to break into tears again.

-

Taehyung stirs in his sleep, his hand reaching out only to find the space beside him empty and the warmness he was searching for is not there. His eyes flicked open, sleepy eyes scanning the dark room in search for Haru before he spots the sliding door to the balcony open. Slowly getting off the bed, brushing his hair out of his face, he walks towards the opened door to find Haru leaning on the balcony looking so deep in her thoughts.