Group projects and panic at the Larkin mansion || Random relationships

Start from the beginning

<>

JoJo and Buttons were cuddled up together on the couch in the living room when they heard yelling. 
"Should we-?" Buttons questioned while looking up at the boy who actually lived in the house. 
"I think they need space. Their first fight probably." JoJo sighed. He didn't like it, but he knew better than to disturb Elmer when having an outburst. The boy had all that built up anger inside of him that he would explode once in a while (and he would apologize later on). But till that day it had always only happened within the family. Most often Jack would be the one to hold him tight after, because he would feel terrible. 
"It's quiet." Buttons whispered as he began to stand up, not knowing what was happening. Then there was a loud bang of a door closing and locking. Both of them made their way towards the doorway, JoJo in front, to find out what had happened. Crutchie soon came to the door. Even though the boy had tears in his eyes, he looked determined.
"What is happening? We heard Elmer yell, but we didn't want to intrude." He quickly explained.
"He's hiding something." Crutchie stated with even more determination in his eyes. "Just keep an eye on him." With that he left.
"So, what now?" Buttons asked as he followed JoJo out of the room. The boy didn't respond, lost in his own thoughts for a moment. They made their way towards Jack's bedroom, but found out the oldest wasn't there. Medda wasn't at home either, having left a couple of days ago to help out with a charity project in Washington DC. 
"JoJo?" Spot's voice boomed from behind them. "Do you know what happend? We heard yelling." JoJo turned around on his heals to see Spot and Race standing next to each other in the doorway to Spot's room. 
"Crutchie said something about Elmer hiding something." JoJo explained quickly. "Where is Jack?" 
"At Davey's." Race told him. 
"Call him." JoJo commanded his boyfriend who was already holding his phone in his hand. He gave him a quick kiss before grabbing Spot's arm.
"Can you and Buttons wait for Jack to come back downstairs?" Spot asked his boyfriend with pleading eyes. The tall blond nodded and walked away with Buttons who was already holding his phone to his right ear awaiting Jack to answer his call. Spot and JoJo made their way to Elmer's bedroom with anxiety building in their bodies.
"Ellie?" Spot's normal harsh voice now sounded soft. 
"Go away." A response came from the other side. The boy was clearly crying.
"What happened?" JoJo questioned as he rested his head on the wooden door. 
"Nothing. Go away."  Another response came. 
"Crutchie said you are hiding something. What is it?" Spot questioned, but was hit by JoJo as soon as the last word had left his mouth. "What?" He hissed quietly at his other brother.
"You really think that is the best thing to ask?" JoJo hissed back. There were tears clearly in the back of the panicked boy's eyes and how much Spot wanted to deny it, there were some in his too.
"I don't know. Jack always deals with this stuff." Spot answered.
"Can you open the door for us?" JoJo asked, but no response came. The other side of the room was quiet. Too quiet. 
"Elmer Kasprzak. Open this door." Spot ordered, receiving another hit from his brother.
"Idź stąd." (Go away) Both boys outside the room cursed at the sudden change of language. 
"We can't understand what you're saying, El." JoJo stated softly as he locked eyes with Spot again. His eyes asking a question to which Spot shook his head. Spot didn't know what the words meant.
"Zostaw mnie w spokoju. Nie chcę cię tutaj. Nie możesz nic zrobić dla mnie, a ja nie mogę zrobić nic dobrego dla nikogo." (Leave me alone. I don't want you here. You can't do anything for me, and I can't do anything good for anyone.) Elmer's rasping voice sounded from the other side again.
"To nieprawda." (That's not true.) A sudden voice from behind JoJo and Spot sounded, making both of them jump. They turned around and locked eyes with Jack. There was a key in his hand and he was eyeing the door, wanting to reach it. "Get downstairs to the kitchen. Davey is there with Buttons and Race." Both boys wanted to object, but one stern look from the eldest made them leave.  They made their way down the stairs slowly, Spot giving JoJo a small side hug as he noticed the boy seeming to shrink in on himself.
"He's going to be alright, you know. Jack is here now." Spot tried to reassure.
"I just want to be able to help him. What happens if Jack can't come one day. What if jack just isn't here anymore one day." JoJo rambled as they came to a stop at the bottom of the stairs. 
"Jack will always be here for us. And, yes, that boy is reckless, but he will never do anything so that he can't come back to us. Otherwise I'll bring him back from the dead and kill him again myself." This got a quiet laugh out of his little brother before they resumed their way to the kitchen. 
"How is he?" Race asked, worried about his friend. 
"Jack's with him now. He'll be fine." Spot sighed as he melted into the arms that were wrapped around him by Race. 
"You alright?" Buttons asked JoJo as he too wrapped him in a hug and placed a soft kiss in the boy's hair. 
"Fine." Was all that came out of the boy's mouth. 
"Alright." Davey broke the silence after a few seconds. "Let's make dinner."