Chapter 13 | The Moon Market

Catra had been exploring, that much was clear. The guards I asked were eager to tell me which way she went, but just as I thought I was catching up other guards would point off in a different direction. I couldn't help but wonder if she was testing me, to see how long it would take me to find her. Or if she was messing with the guards just to pass the time.

Eventually, I did find her. She was lying down on the grass near the greenhouse, Melog not far away, surrounded by the plants Shadow Weaver had been tending to while she was here. As I saw her, my pulse quickened, and I found that I was tracing the edge of the wing on my belt with my finger. Why was I nervous? I wasn't planning on just asking her to marry me straight away. I had to wait for the perfect moment. I tried to calm myself, now definitely wasn't the time. I had only just learnt what marriage was, I couldn't just ask as soon as I laid eyes on her. Though, as I got closer, I realised I was staring at her, all of her. She looked amazing as she basked in the sunlight, with her hands up behind her head and her legs stretched out lazily. Her eyes were closed, and I watched as her chest steadily rose and fell with each breath. Catra actually looked... relaxed. I marvelled at the sight and tried to commit it to memory. She was still wearing that sleeveless replica of her Horde uniform that Entrapta had made for her, which made perfect sense because she didn't actually own any other clothes here.

Before she had left to let me get out of the bath, Glimmer had reminded me that today was Moon Market day. The Moon Market was the biggest convention of traders on Etheria, with people coming from all over to sell their various specialty wares and food. I decided then and there that I would take Catra and have her pick out some clothes from my favourite stall. Besides, I also had something I wanted to do, someone I wanted to see.

Melog then raised their head and made what sounded like a low gurgling noise.

A small smile encroached on Catra's lips, 'Hey, Adora.' I don't know what it is about the way she sings my name, but she definitely knows what she's doing and is fully aware of the impact it has on me. I could tell, because Catra was currently smiling the most mischievous of smiles, keeping her eyes closed.

I smiled and stood over her, using my shadow to block the sun from landing on her face. 'Hey, Catra. Did Melog tell you I was here?'

'Well, for one, I can smell soap.' She opened her eyes and looked up at me, 'Secondly, I can't think of anyone else who would walk over to me and stand still without saying anything. And yes, Melog did just make sure I knew you were staring at me.' She smirked, 'You like what you see?'

I placed a hand on my hip and felt a small blush make itself known on my cheeks, 'Pfft... I mean... Yeah. Of course.'

She laughed and sprang swiftly to her feet. 'Damn right you do,' she said, wrapping her arms around my shoulders and leaning her face up towards mine.

I wrapped one arm around her waist and used my other hand to run my fingers through her hair, before closing the distance between us and feeling the warmth of her lips on mine.

I could tell something had changed about Catra, because she kissed me without holding back, without reservations, without worry. I felt how at ease she was through the way she accepted me wholeheartedly, her tail wrapping around my waist. Our lips parted and I felt her tongue clash with mine. I continued to hold her head with one hand while letting the other slip under her top, running my fingers through the incredibly soft fur beneath. A soft gasp escaped her as she felt my hand on her, and the kiss became faster, more passionate. I felt one of her hands tugging the elastic out of my hair before it fell to my shoulders, followed by the sensation of her fingers collecting my hair between them. Her claws weren't quite retracted, and I felt them sharp against my head; one hand formed a fist and gently pulled my hair, coaxing a sudden moan from deep within me. I opened my eyes and pulled back, looking into those beautiful mis-matched eyes.