She needed to hear Percy's side of the story before making any decision that might affect their future.

"Val," Said Annabeth nonchalantly. "Why are you obsessed with breaking me and Percy up? Don't you have something better to do?"

Val's face reddened, and she flared her nostrils at Annabeth. She stomped her heel on the ground and said, "No, I have nothing better to do, Annabeth Chase! Do you know how long I have been chasing Percy? For the past two years!"

"That's sound stalkerish," Said Annabeth, amused then added, "And I assumed that you never gave up even after Percy rejected you the first time?"

"H-He didn't reject me!" Said Val, her eyes widened. "Percy just politely say no as he had a girlfriend at that time!"

"But he probably still said no after that, right?" Guessed Annabeth and shrugged, "I don't know—that's what I heard in the halls."

Annabeth didn't know why she was acting like this toward Val—She only ever used this tone of voice with Helen, but there was something about Val that she wanted to roll her eyes at.

"He's going to say yes, one day!" Blurted out Val and said before she could stop herself. "I'm gorgeous! Who wouldn't want to date me?"

"Percy, apparently," Snorted Cade behind her, causing several people to snicker.

Annabeth bit her lips from laughing though she wanted to—It just felt something that she'll regret in the future. She looked away from Cade and back to Val. Her cheeks were reddened, and she glared at Annabeth.

"Can I ask a question," Said Annabeth, cocking an eyebrow. "Val, why are you so keen on dating Percy? No offense to my Seaweed Brain, but what's so special about him that everyone wants?"

Val and several other people gasped at her words. Annabeth bit the inside of her cheek, wondering if she should have said that. Of course, Annabeth already knew what was so special about Percy, but she just needed to know other people's reasons.

"Are you hearing yourself, Annabeth?" Said Elise, stepping forward. "What's so special about Percy? This is Percy we're talking about."

"Yes, Elise," Val agreed before looking back at Annabeth. "Percy is hot—I assumed you have seen him shirtless? Anyways, he's just charming and you're so fucking lucky!"

"So, from what I'm getting from you, is that Percy being hot is the special thing about him?" Frowned Annabeth. "Um—"

"He's also kind and helpful," Commented Maise quietly. "That's what so special about him—He's one of a kind."

"Maise is correct," Said Val, putting her hands on her hip. "Everyone wants a Percy but there's only one and you got it."

Annabeth bit her lips, and her grey eyes flickered though she tried to keep a neutral expression. She kinda did get the reasoning why everyone was so keen on dating Percy—He was something magical and too kind for this cruel universe.

"So, you're jealous?" Said Annabeth, raising an eyebrow. "You're jealous that I got Percy that you're doing everything to break us up?"

"Of course, I'm jealous!" Said Val, rolling her eyes. "And hey, don't put all the blame on me! Everyone had contributed to breaking you guys up—especially, Elle. I never thought that kiwi girl would have the balls to do it."

Annabeth furrowed her eyebrows and asked, "What do you mean by that...?"

"Well," Said Val, clasping her hands together and turned around to face the crowd. "I can say for all of us that we never expect Elle to become like this—She was always so shy and quiet. Who knew that she would be kissing someone's else boyfriend?"