⥼t w e n t y⥽

Depuis le début

"Dad," Donghyuck sighed, taking a short pause from eating, "when he found out that I'm a smart boy, he acts around me less childish. I guess he's scared of me."

"You're not that scary. He can take you down in one go."

"Believe me, Mark doesn't like the way I make his brain work. He thinks I have something planned even if I'm not," Donghyuck smirked, remembering what huge effect his lips had on Mark. "I don't regret that he found out. It's fun to play with him."

Taeyong didn't know why he was still surprised that Donghyuck liked to play with people. He always knew Donghyuck needed a play toy or more like a person to keep him busy from doing something stupid out of boredom. He guessed that it was because of the guy breaking Donghyuck's heart when he was a teenager. Poor Donghyuck thought he was using the guy as he kind of forced them into a relationship, but it was the other way around. After that, Donghyuck stopped caring about others and used people just for his manipulation skills. He only cared about their small family.

"Okay, play with him all you want, but don't forget that sex is only after marriage," Taeyong had to remind it.

"Of course, how can I forget," Donghyuck rolled his eyes.

"And when I say sex, I also mean no oral sex too."

"Okay, it's not the time for sex education."

They heard the knock and instantly shut their mouths. Donghyuck glanced at his dad, silently asking if the person who was outside could hear them talking. Taeyong shrugged and went to the door.

"Who's there?"

"It's me, Mark."

Taeyong waited for a second, hesitating to open it or not but then did it in the end. Mark went inside without even getting the invitation and closed the door himself.

"Johnny wants to see you," he said to Taeyong.

"When did you come back?"

"Just ten minutes ago."

Taeyong looked over Donghyuck with a bed full of food and then shifted his eyes back at Mark.

"Tell him that I can't," Taeyong ditched Johnny's invite. Mark looked at him with narrowed eyes. "What? Why are your eyes looking like minuses?"

"You're not refusing to come just because of him," Mark pointed at Donghyuck with his chin. He stopped eating when he was mentioned.

"That's exactly why I'm not going. I can't leave him alone."

"He's capable to protect himself. You're underestimating him."

"Listen, who knows him better than I?" Taeyong sighed, leaning on the door and slowly manipulating Mark to leave.

"Well, I'm sure you didn't teach him to seduce the enemy and then hit their head with a lamp," Mark sounded salty when he remembered the past event that still haunted him.

"That was self-defense," Donghyuck explained himself when his eyes met with Taeyong's.

The self-defense Donghyuck secretly liked.

"Also, Johnny asked me to stay here to keep Dongsook's company while he has a word with you," Mark said and walked further into the room. "You really need to hear what he's planning," the assassin hummed as he looked through the window and then turned back at Taeyong. "They're searching for Donghyuks in the area and it's only a question when someone will suggest to search the island too. It's the place where we started after all."

Donghyuck noticed how Taeyong tensed up when he heard the last sentences. They both knew that it would be a threat for everything they did so far.