A Titan and a God

Ali rushed through the dark tunnel after Percy. Her heart was racing and a million horrible thoughts swirled through her mind.

The corridor dead-ended with an exit directly above them.

Ali found the Greek delta on the wall and pressed her palm against it.

The symbol glowed and the ceiling scraped open, showering them with pebbles and dust.

As the faint light seeped through the widening crack, Ali jumped up, gripping the edge and heaving herself out of the maze. She glared up at the dark palace at the top of Mount Tampais. She knew what was waiting for them. Taking a deep breath, she steeled herself and started up the mountain.

Annabeth, Rachel, and Nico followed close behind Ali as she made her way into the Titan Palace.

The walls were made of thick black stone and their steps echoed through the polished halls. Spiked chandeliers hung from the vaulted ceilings.

Ali knew exactly where she was going, leading the others through the massive palace to the huge throne room. She froze as she took in the scene.

The golden sarcophagus lay open. Percy was trying to flee, but seemed to be frozen in time. Luke stood near the coffin, his eyes glowing gold and his right hand outstretched towards Percy.

Ali took in every detail within moments, but she was too stunned to act. Kronos had somehow fused with  Luke; he was back and so were his powers.

Out of nowhere, a blue plastic brush flew through the air and collided with Kronos' head.

"Run!" Rachel screamed into the silence.

Percy, free of Kronos' sway, raced over to his friends.

Nico raised his hands and summoned a wall of black rock. They darted out of the palace, down the mountain, and back into the Labyrinth.
                                 *   *   *
The winding tunnels were enough to give someone a headache, but Ali had spent so much time down there already that it didn't phase her.

Percy stopped, picking up a colorful, muddy piece of fabric. "Grover."

They raced along a dirt-walled tunnel.

Suddenly, they were in an earthen chamber with a stream running through it. A large figure hunched on the banks of the water in front of a limp form.

"Tyson!" Percy dashed over to his half-brother and gave him a hug before he noticed the unconscious figure at the cyclops' feet. "Grover?!" He knelt beside his friend.

"What happened?" Annabeth rushed over and dropped to her knees, already digging in her pack for some ambrosia.

Tyson explained how Grover had slipped and hit his head. During the story, the unconscious satyr mumbled something about enchiladas.

When they finally got him awake, Percy explained the situation and soon they were walking down the corridor as a big group.
* * *
Ali followed the others absentmindedly. Percy was busy talking with Tyson and Grover, Rachel was leading them, and Annabeth was busy avoiding her. They still hadn't gotten the chance to talk, but Ali had a sinking feeling that Annabeth knew about her and Percy; and she wasn't taking it well.

They reached a large natural door. It was round, covered in tangled roots, and smeared with dirt.

Rachel looked back at Percy, who exchanged a look with Grover. He nodded. Percy turned and repeated the curt gesture to Rachel.

She forced the door open to reveal a natural cavern with a single bed in the center. The single piece of furniture was surrounded by strange creatures. Upon the bed lay an ancient-looking satyr - Pan.

Ali's breath caught in her throat as Grover dropped to one knee the others followed suit. She slowly knelt, not sure she believed that she was in the presence of the Lost God.

"Please, stand." His voice was gruff, but still authoritative. He looked at Grover. "It seems I chose wisely."

"W-what?" Grover stumbled over his words. He had waited for this moment his whole life, but Ali didn't think he ever truly thought he'd live to see it.

Percy moved to Ali's side as the God of the Wild spoke with Grover. "Are you okay?"

She gave him a knowing look. "Are you seriously asking me if I'm okay? You're the one who faced a Titan."

He smiled sadly. "For once, I don't like being right."

"About Luke?" She waited for him to nod. Lacing their fingers, she gave his hand a quick squeeze. "It'll be okay. No matter what, I'm with you."

"Aliana Breck." Pan's earthy voice drew her attention back to the bed. "Come closer."

Percy gave her fingers a reassuring squeeze and she stepped closer to the bed.

"Closer." The god urged.

Soon, Ali was standing right at the edge of the bed. The satyr outstretched his hand. Tentatively, she took it and he pulled her even closer. She could feel his cracked lips against her ear as he spoke.

"No matter what you may think... your mother loves you... more than anything." He cleared his throat. "I swear on the River Styx. What I say is true."

Tears sprang to her eyes as the god released his grip on her arm. She straightened, backing away from the bed. She stopped next to Percy.

"What's wrong?" He took her hand. "What'd he say?"

She blinked back her tears and met his gaze. "It's nothing."

He looked at her skeptically, but dropped the subject.

Ali couldn't remember what all Pan said next, all she knew for sure was that the God's spirit entered them as he faded away. She felt a warmth in her chest that spread through her entire body. In that moment, she had sensed the roots of the trees all the way to the tips of their branches. Walking forward, she placed a hand on Grover's shoulder.

The satyr breathed shakily as he rose to his hooves and faced his friends. "We need to get back to camp."

A/N
Yay! I updated two days in a row. Been a while since I did that. 😂
Hope you enjoyed the chapter. Sorry again to those of you who had to reread part of the chapter. I hope it wasn't too annoying. 😅
Until next time,
-Cheshire