She snuggled up to me and lay her head on my chest.

I loved how she was seeking comfort in me.

I hoped that she would open up to me one day though...

With that, I could hear soft snores, indicating she fell asleep.

Snowflake...please let me help you...

-

Alana's POV

"I can't believe I have such a piece of trash as a daughter," my father coldly spitted out.

"What did my wife see in you?" he continued.

Flashes of him whipping me, kicking me and slapping me played out as if it were a movie. Only that I could feel all of it happening.

Then I saw him take out a knife and as he was about to stab me, I screamed out loud and woke up.

It was a...dream?

In the state of shock that I was, I did not realise that Trevor was awake and his arms were already wrapped around me.

I became aware that he was taking deliberate deep breaths to stop me from hyperventilating. I started to regain control of my body that went into a frenzy because of my nightmare.

The warmth that was radiated from Trevor helped to comfort me but I was getting suffocated.

The dream, the recent events, the pressure.

I had to complete what my father had put me here to do.

I just had to.

Things will only be normal then.

My father will love me again.

I know it.

-

After just staying in Trevor's embrace, I slowly pulled away. He looked so sleepy yet at the same time he was wide awake.

"Did you get any sleep? Did I wake you?" I questioned, insecure about whether I woke him up.

"No Snowflake...I have insomnia," Trevor said groggily.

"Haven't slept for about two days proper now. I just can't," Trevor continued, opening up a little new side of himself.

I was just shocked.

Two days?

He must be so tired...

"I know of a way where we can both get a good sleep," I say, slightly excited with my voice rising a little too high considering I just woke up from a nightmare."

Trevor looks at me, anticipating my next words.

"Let's go to our hideout."

-

Trevor's POV

As soon as I heard that, my heart fluttered like some teenage boy.

Get a grip Trevor, you're 27...

How could I though...She said our hideout...

I nodded my head and we both set out for the waterfall.

The place only we know.

Our refuge during our hard times.

Although I somehow found another and that refuge is a person now.

-

Alana's POV

Not long after holding hands and not saying anything, we reached the waterfall.

I sat on the bridge that onlooked the lake and where the sun was peeking out from the horizon.

Trevor silently sat next to me and watched the sunrise, seemingly getting drunk from the beautiful sight.

I could feel that his eyelids were getting heavy and his head slowly started dropping.

His head tilted extremely to my side and so I raised my shoulder slightly to catch his head. Trevor smirked, content with the fact that I caught him.

He then got up and lay down on the bridge and placed his head on my lap.

From then he just lay there and basked in the sunlight as the sun rose.

Seeing his serene expression and watching him fall asleep, I felt as if though in my own place of refuge, I found another refuge.

-

Yes another chapter out!
I'm sorry if this chapter was bad? Idk I'm not too satisfied but I think it was pretty good for the things that are to come ;)

I still have tests and I ran out of motivation and at this point I'm too tired omg.
Seeing the increasing number of reads and more people voting for my story really gave me a source of strength and I really appreciate every one of you for just reading my story
Thanks everyone :D

Until next time!!