37

My breath hitched at his actions, the sudden switch up of his face going from completely relaxed to malicious, startling me.

"You can't help the things that make you curious Seoyeon, but don't always expect an answer for things you have no right in knowing about," He whispered darkly.

I swallowed nervously as he pulled his lips away from my ear, watching as his expression had now switched back to his normal and relaxed one.
As if nothing had ever happened.

"I'm just treating you respectfully like I would to any innocent human being, so don't mistake it for anything greater. There's no such friendship between a kidnapper and his victim." he said, rising up from the sofa and dusting the crumbs off of him.

I stared up at him blankly, watching as he brushed past me and returned to his seat on the sofa.

Shuddering, I got up to leave the room and it's dense atmosphere . He watched up at me as I left, his eyes wandering curiously as I made my way across the room, not bothering to stop me.

I made my way to the kitchen, searching for a glass of water to ease the bitterness that delved in my throat. I peered up at the ashy coloured cupboards, determining which ones would have the glasses .

The new kitchen was more homely and smaller than the older one back at Taehyung's grandparents house, meaning that there was less room for error. I took my best guess at the cupboard at the top.

Clambering onto the counter to reach it, I slowly adjusted my balance as I began to open the cupboard door.

Suddenly, I stumbled back a little as something small and white quickly pelted out of it, fluttering swiftly to the floor. I jumped to the floor, picking it up to see what it was.

It appeared to be a piece of paper at first, but as I looked closer, I noticed the glossier back of it to be nothing other than a photograph.

I carefully bent down and slowly turned it over using the tips of my fingers. Peering over it intensely, I froze as I deciphered the image upon the other side, instantly dropping it.

My mind began to whirr and my heartbeat began to speed up, all my emotions and nerves crashing into each other all at once.

There, upon the small A6 glossied paper, lay an image that I'd never expected to see within my entire lifetime:

The right hand side of it was not the slightest bit unusual; a younger Namjoon smiling cheerfully up at the camera as his arm lingered across to rest upon the shoulder of another figure.

But it was the other figure, the image of that one person whom made my heart beat right out of my chest; that made my mind belief that truly everything I'd endured up to now, all the torture all the pains of my past, had been a complete and unfathomable lie.

No, because that person wasn't just anybody.
The figure was my own flesh and blood...

My sister.