Chapter 2

Kiara separates from Anne and hurries down the hallway towards the noise. When she rounds the corner, she sees Ryan Campbell resting his back on the locker while looking at the ceiling in a relaxed manner. 

Ryan is considered one of Crystal Wood's royalty for his position in the football team. He has tanned skin, sharp jaw, styled blond hair and athletic build. Too bad his personality does not match his exterior. Kiara thinks. He can charm almost anyone, but it only hides his superiority complex and his arrogance. 

Right now, he should be in football practice not on the hallway taking his sweet time looking at the ceiling. Kiara immediately gets suspicious of him.

"What was that noise?" Kiara says walking towards him and stops only a few feet from where he is.

"Hey Kiara. Nice to see you here." Ryan says and flashes one of his famous smiles. "Happy Birthday by the way."

"What was that noise?" She repeats, not falling for his trick.

"I just closed my locker door." Ryan finally says. 

A loud knock comes from the locker behind him and then Kiara hears someone asking for help from inside. Ryan shoves his elbow against the locker and groans.

 "Muscle spasm" Ryan says after clearing his throat. "I should better head back to the field for warmups"

"You pushed a freshman inside the locker. Again." Kiara stops him with a withering glare. "Get him out."

"Let's not argue about this again." Ryan says. "I'm just showing him his place in the school's social ladder."

Kiara presses her fingers on the top her nose and shakes her head. That statement is wrong in many ways, but it does not surprise her when coming from Ryan. She tamps down her irritation and relaxes her hand. 

"You heard her, Ryan. Let the kid out of there." Anne says before Kiara can reply. Anne is now besides her.

"I will" Ryan says. "Just give him a few minutes or hours for the message to sink"

"Open the locker. Now" Kiara says slowly, looking Ryan straight into his eyes. Her eyes are warning him to obey.

"And what are you going to do if I don't?" Ryan challenges.

Before either Kiara or Anne can answer, Sasha exits the bathroom and comes towards them. She gives Ryan a slow kiss and then smiles at him.

"Thanks for waiting for me Teddy Bear!" Sasha says perkily. 

Ryan's eyes flash in annoyance for a second, but then it is quickly replaced by a twinkle. Kiara notices this rapid change and tucks that information in her brain. Meanwhile, Anne clears her throat to get their attention. 

"And what are they doing here?" Sasha says and as always, looks at Kiara with disdain.

"We were just telling Ryan here," Anne says in a sweet voice. "That if he doesn't free the freshman from the locker, I'm going to tell Coach Myers. You know about his behavior policy. Ryan will get kicked out of the football team and lose his opportunity of becoming quarterback once Eddy graduates."

"What?!" Ryan shouts as eyebrows lift and his eyes are wide open. "You wouldn't dare!"

 "She is bluffing, babe" Sasha says. "Coach wouldn't kick out his best player" She traces her hand through Ryan's hair in what appears to be soothing motion.

"As president of the Student Council," Anne explains. "I represent all the students at this school, and I have the authority to demand a punishment when a student is harassing and bullying another student."