𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

────────────────────

wicked is good, it had been replaying her head ever since Echo had returned from the maze yesterday. She wasn't aware of what it meant and why she kept hearing its patronizing screams running through her head all night. She had begun to get flashbacks during her dreams, it was all very blurred and at first, she had just believed they were just her imagination, but they weren't, they felt too real and too recognizable, it was all too familiar. There were parts of her memories drifting back to her slowly, but only certain parts that did not seem at all important to her. She had seen a woman, with blonde hair and she seemed quite old, there were doctors and they held needles, the room she was in, was very bright. She couldn't decipher any other words apart from the name Thomas, she had heard the same name in the maze.

Her eyes scanned the glade, looking for Minho, it was coming up to the time for them to leave, and check to see if anything had changed since the last time she was in the maze. Eventually, she saw him near the doors, walking with the other runners.

"Minho," She acknowledged.

"Echo, remember we're only going up there to check to see if anything happened at section seven, not to look around for more clues because I'm not in the mood to be saving any of you shanks from a griever," Minho spoke.

"How comforting. So are we going to stand here for another ten minutes or are we actually going to go out there," She tilted her head slightly.

"Oh right, we'll go in a minute, I just have to get the few runners I picked to come with us," He said while walking up to the others.

"Echo!" Newt shouted from behind her.

"Hey Newt," She turned, facing him.

"Don't do anything stupid in there alright?" His face brightened.

"What makes you think that I will?" She narrowed her eyes.

"Well I don't know, maybe the fact that yesterday you could have died?" His tone sharpening.

"We don't know if it was a griever or not anyway, it's not like I really saw it," She insisted.

"Echo, I'm just trying to say; be careful," He looked amused.

"You have an awfully odd way of saying so, but yes I'll be careful," She smiled.

"Echo! We're leaving," Minho shouted to the two of them.

"I guess I'll see you soon then," Newt remarked.

"I guess you will," She said while leaving with Minho to start running into the maze.

She began to run with the others, they headed in the direction of section seven. Although she didn't look worried in front of Newt and the others, she did have some self-doubt, running into the place where she could have sworn she had heard a griever, it had its flaws. She assumed everyone else running with her, had figured the same thing, it could be dangerous. But then again, running into the maze at all, was dangerous in itself.