Chapter 18

Tori finding happiness

I felt myself getting shook and opened my eyes to see Linga looking down at me with a grin.

"We are at your dwelling, lovely lady," he says sweetly. I rubbed my eyes and sat up. We both climbed down the stairs to the back of the craft. The hatch was open and I smiled seeing the lake and the house.

"I don't know if I should stay here, it's Ankol's house," I mumbled sadly.

"Nonsense, that twerp is probably staying with his insane mother so take claim over the dwelling and live your life," he stated firmly. I stood and walked out of the hatch and looked at the garden, it needed watering so I went to the pump and started pumping it to get the irrigation to start. I smiled seeing the water start to flow through the rows. Linga walked around looking at the area and the lake.

"May I have a swim," he asked curiously and I told him to go for it. He stripped and ran into the water. I sat on the sandy beach and watched him curiously as he waved his hands across the surface and a large bubble started to appear. Was he building a home, I wondered to myself. It wasn't as large as his one on the other planet but he looked pleased with it. He dove under the water and I could see his outline inside of the bubble. He waved his hand along the wall and it became clear. He waved at me and I laughed and waved back. He swam back and walked up onto the beach in his nakedness. He sat next to me and smiled brightly.

"I will stay here until I'm certain Ankol has changed his path, I made my own dwelling so I won't force myself upon you and speed up the inevitable," he grinned at me and winked. I eyed him strangely and shook my head at his oddness as he dressed himself.

"Are you hungry and do you eat normal food," I asked curiously. He cocked his brow and laughed.

"Of course I eat normal food, what do you think I am," he questioned me curiously.

"A fish," I mumbled softly and he frowned. He started laughing mockingly and crossed his arms.

"Sorry, come along and I'll feed you," I say softly and he chuckled and followed after me. I opened the door and he walked past me and looked around the inside of the house. I brought him into the kitchen and he sat at the table as I rummaged through the selection of meals. I picked two and put them in the warming device.

"If you stay here you should know that there's a large flesh eating creature called a niekro that comes out at night, so please be careful," I told him before the warmer buzzed. I grabbed both meals and opened one, placing it before him. I handed him a fork and sat down across from him. I ate slowly watching him twirling the food around.

"Don't like it," I asked curiously and he shook his head.

"It's not that, I was curious why, if you're wed to Ankol, you don't wear a ring to signify it," he said plainly and looked up at me sadly. I was dumbfounded by that.

"Your culture believes in a ring exchange," I mumbled sadly and he nodded his head.

"Yes, that is very crucial in the joining of two people, it's an object to represent the promise one makes to the other," he stated simply. I inhaled sharply and sighed deeply.

"So technically all my marriages were fucking bullshit," I muttered sourly. I rubbed my eyes and frowned. I got up and tossed my food into the recycling container and walked outside. I crossed my arms and looked out across the water and felt completely devastated, my whole fucking time since being abducted was a god damn lie. I shook my head and started walking into the water and planned on drowning, I didn't even care anymore. I stepped slowly as the water reached my chin and continued as it covered my eyes. I continued until my body shivered from the chill of the depths. I was about to breath in the cold water when strong arms wrapped around me and pulled me quickly to the surface. Linga's frantic eyes looked at me and his brow furrowed.