Chapter 8: Welcome to Hufflepuff

Start from the beginning

Danny, don't I'll deal with it I said to him as he started to get out of his seat to say something to the older student.

"Okay, I am only going to say this once," I said, as I stood up on one of the chairs. "Yes, my dad is Captain America but I don't know anything about the missions the Avengers go on. To me I he is just my dad."

A few of the students looked like they wanted to ask about it, where others looked confused about who I was talking about. I guessed the ones who wanted to ask more where from non-magical families.

"Alright, people! You heard her, now go about your business," Henry called out to the room, making people finally look away from us and I sat back down.

"Now that there minding their own business, who is Captain America?" Henry asked me.

"He's one of the Avengers! He has literally saved the world!" Maggie said, making all of us look at her.

"How did you know about Captain America?" Cedric asked her.

"Well, Mum is a witch but my dad's a muggle. So, I grew up with the best of both worlds."

"Dude, the muggle world sounds so cool! I wish I could be a part of it!" Henry said, making us all laugh.

For the rest of the night, we talked about our families and the difference between magical and non-magical, I guess I should start saying muggle, families. But the time we went to sleep that night, all of us were already the best of friends.

 But the time we went to sleep that night, all of us were already the best of friends

Later that night, when everyone was asleep, I crept down the stair in to the common room with my laptop under my arm

Later that night, when everyone was asleep, I crept down the stair in to the common room with my laptop under my arm. I had forgotten to send an email to my parents to let them know how my first day went and I didn't want to wake anyone up with the light from my laptop when I turned it on.

When I settled myself on to one of the couches, I opened my laptop and turned it on. The first thing I saw was my Lock Screen, which was a photo of Dad and me from when I was younger. I was 6 years old in the photo and it was taken on Dad's birthday. I was unusually cold July day and I had my red and white sweater with a star on the front of it. As soon as I saw that it was cold outside that day, I insisted that I wear that sweater with a navy shirt with white spots under it along with my red skirt because not only was it Dad's birthday but it was also the 4th of July. And it was the first birthday he got have with us, as a family. He never looked happier when I skipped into the kitchen that morning to wish happy birthday.

I quickly opened up my email, not wanting to stay up to late and be tired on my first day, and started typing out the letter to my parents;

Hi!

Sorry I didn't write sooner; it was a big day today. I got sorted into Hufflepuff along with Danny and Cedric! Cassy got into Gryffindor. It was crazy the way were sorted, it was by a enchanted hat!!! It can talk and read your mind! When it was my turn to be sorted, the hat wanted to put me in Gryffindor at first. Apparently, all the brave kids are sorted in to Gryffindor but then put me in to Hufflepuff. People in Hufflepuff are loyal, kind and trustworthy. Personally, I like the idea of being loyal rather than brave.

I have already made a few friends as well. The first two sat with us on the train trip, their names are Fred and George Weasley and their identical twins! They are funny and could definitely give Loki a run for his money for the title God of Mischief! The other are Henry Chang, he comes from an all-magical family and is fascinated about how people live without magic. The other is a girl called Maggie Finnigan, her mums a witch and her dad is a muggle (it's what a person with no magical powers is called).

Some people who are from muggle families have figured out that Cassy and me are the kids of two of the Avengers. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, I just hope Cassy doesn't start acting like a Stark because of it. I know you know just what I mean by that.

I haven't had the chance to talk to Loki yet. I didn't even recognise him as first with his glamour. He's almost blonde, which is so weird to see because I'm so used to Thor being the blonde one. I'm guessing it's the same glamour he used during the war.

I love and miss you both already!

Love,

Elsa.

After I quickly hit send on the email, I closed my laptop and quietly made my way back up to my dorm room. Opening the door as carefully as I could, I was relieved to see that everyone was still asleep. Along with Maggie and me, the other three girl who were sorted in to Hufflepuff were sharing the room with.

The first one to introduce herself was Amanda Bones, she was a sweet girl with red hair. The next was Leah Hogan, she was a tall girl with black hair and glasses. She didn't say much and only talked when someone asked her a question. The last was a brunette girl called Samantha Higgins and let's just say she wasn't the nicest of girls. She hardly spoke to Maggie or me, we thought it was because we have muggles in our family. She only started treating us differently when she found out we had muggles in our family. I couldn't help but wonder what she would do if she found out where my magic really came from.

Placing my laptop back into the trunk that was under my bed and crawled under the sheets. Turning on to my side, I looked at the photo I had of Mum and Dad next to the bed and silently said goodnight to them before closing my eyes to go to sleep.

Authors note: I don't know who photoshopped the photo of Chris Evans and Taylor but I am so happy they did! So thank you mystery person, who ever you are!