Chapter 8: Welcome to Hufflepuff

Start from the beginning

"Ok, before I start, I just want to tell you that the way you get in to your house dormitory must be kept secret. You cannot allow anyone from another house into your dorm. Okay, now with that out of the way, we are standing at the entrance to the Hufflepuff dorm. And I'll tell you why it's the best dorm and it's just down from the kitchens! If you're lucky, I might tell you how to get in to them. Now for the big moment, how to get into the dorm! All you need to do is tap on the barrels with your wand in the rhythm of Helga Hufflepuff, like so."

We all watched as Rose tapped out the rhythm on the barrels which parted to show the entry to the Hufflepuff dorms. Rose stood back to let us all of in to the room first. Walking in to the dorms, the first thing that struck me was warm and welcoming it was. The room was circular and had a warm golden glow. There were windows up high and were all around the top edge of the room, showing that we were actually partially underground. The room was full of soft, comfy looking yellow couches and there was fire place at the far end which was helping with the warm glow that was in the room. Everywhere you looked there were plants, ether in potted stands or hanging from the roof.

"Welcome to Hufflepuff! This will be your home for the rest of the year, make yourselves comfortable. This is the common room; we all share it. So, no messing it up! Girls' rooms are up the stairs and to the right. Same with boys but to the left. It's getting late, so I suggest you head up to your rooms and get some sleep. Tomorrow is going to be a big day!"

With her last message to everyone, Rose left all of us to get settled. Not knowing what to do, the group of us first years kind hovered around the entrance to our dorm. There was only 15 of us that had been sorted in to Hufflepuff and only 5 of us were girls. Which made me assume that the five of us would be sharing a dorm.

Henry was the first one of us to make a move into the common room, walking over to one of the couches and flopping down on to it and putting his feet up on the table.

"Come on guys! Come sit down!" Henry called out to all of us.

Looking at Cedric and Danny, I shrugged my shoulders and walked over to sit with Henry. As soon as I sat down on the couch, I felt like I sunk into it. Cedric sat down on the other side of me while Danny sat next to Henry. As soon as we sat down, Danny loosened his tie, which had turned yellow and black without me noticing, and took it off.

"I will never get used to wearing a uniform," he complained, looking down at the tie in his hands.

"You guys don't wear uniforms over in America," Maggie asked, sitting on the other side of Danny.

"Some schools do, but most don't. Well, ours didn't," I told her, as Danny started to turn red.

"This is going to be a big change for you guys then," she said, looking over at Danny and making him blush more.

"You could say that. But more for Danny than me. Let's just say I'm used to crazy," I laughed.

"So, it is true. YOU are the daughter of Captain America and the other girl is Tony Stark's daughter," One of the older students said to me.