viii. ❛thy special checklist❢❜

So, it has been a long while since we last see each other

So, it has been a long while since we last see each other. Everything dope?

Well, it'll be in a minute? Cuz the criteria is reexplained here! Yay, how about it eh?

So clench your veins before you start.

1| do you use uncommon, archaic terms to enhance your descriptive writing? Ex. Thither, mischance, felicity etc (ref. You've Got Mail, Kathleen talks of her favorite book - Pride and Prejudice)

do you have a distinct style of writing? You can tell if it's a bit elevated, poetic - enveloping the readers into fantasy. Pay extra attention to what kind of comments do your works get normally.

2 | can we expect murder?

Red herring? Deranged people? Beast? Serial killer? Sin? Unresolved tension? A student ominously killed and now the elites feel threatened by anonymous text that says ?

ⁱ ᵏⁿᵒʷ ʷʰᵃᵗ ʰᵃᵖᵖᵉⁿᵉᵈ ᵃⁿᵈ ʸᵒᵘ ᶜᵃⁿ'ᵗ ᵐʸ ˡᵒʸᵃˡᵗʸ.

SENT 4 am. √

3 | complex feelings make up complex characters, this clever manipulation, you have it?

Ex. Everything Is Blue on wattpad. The author didn't finish the whole book but even that's a reminder to us that we're reading a masterpiece here. Kudos!

Just read a little Shakespeare and you'll know that dramatic genius.

4 | do you have time machine?

Haha, not the actual one. I'm referring to the fact if your plot revolves around 14th century to 19th century, somewhere in between...? With its literature movements of Renaissance, the adultery of Scarlet Letter, the bleeding lovers exchanging letters and one of it falls into wrong hands... Gasp, no. And also, horse carriages and feathered pens used by untimely scholars.

5 | does it include taboo?

Cuz we love it! Taboo as in not crushing on your sister's boyfriend but a musician that you met through serendipity and have been in touch through mails. Only to realise, now he's getting married... Imagine the drama. The emotional turmoil. Urgh.

6 | sensationalism, romanticism, any -ism that we can expect as a theme element?

7 | have you been ever compared to a classic poet / author?

Earl of Surrey, Oscar Wilde, Lord Byron, John Milton... And so on.

8 | do we have classic cheesiness?

Like a secret society? A voyage with jovial crew? Poet's club? Smoker's lounge? BDSM club where the leader gets—

Okay, I'll stop.

9 | any stock characters such as courtesan? King? Scholar? Poet? Merchant? Count? Mentor? Seducer? Princess? Duchess? Private eye?

...

If the answer is yes to any of them, please enroll your book in.