4 | the benefit of special requests

Su tiredly walked into the guild. Looking over at the very empty request board she sighed. Walking to her normal spot at the bar, she waved Kinana over.

"Morning Ki." Su said.

"Morning Su, the Master asked to see you." Kinana said.

Su looked up.

"Master Macao or Master Makarov?" She questioned.

"Master Macao."

Su nodded, "I'll go see him."

She quickly made her way to the small office that belonged Macao operated out off. Raising her hand, she reached up and knocked.

"Who is it?"

"Su. Can I come in?"

"Come in!"

Su stepped into the small office, which was cluttered with paperwork and books. Sitting at the cramped desk, was Macao.

"You asked to see me, Master?" Su said, closing the door behind her.

"Yes. You have another special request." Macao said, picking a letter off of the table.

"Another one? But I just completed one not two months ago." Su said, taking the letter addressed to her, from Macao's outstretched hand.

"Well, take a look at it." Macao said, "Though it would be a smart choice to take it since-"

"I know." Su said. "I'll probably take it."

Macao simply nodded, and Su left the office. She wandered out to the back garden, where she found, strangely, a lot of the Guild waltzing.

"What's going on here?" Su asked.

"They're practicing social dancing." Mira explained, "Natsu and Lucy are taking a job at a Magic Dance Ball. Natsu doesn't know how to dance, so Lucy is trying to teach him."

"Oh, then why is everyone else dancing?" Su asked.

"Because it's fun!" Mira said, "You should join in!"

Su waved her off.

"I don't dance." Su said, "I've practically got two left feet."

"Aw, don't say that!" Mira said, "I'm sure you're playing it up."

Su sighed, "Mira, I really can't dance. Besides, I've got things to be doing."

Mira pouted slightly before walking off.

Su cracked open the letter, pulling a slip of paper out.

Dear Su of Fairy Tail,

A new dark guild has appeared in one of the neighbouring towns, and I have reason to believe that they are planning something involving me and my family. Several of my smaller business partners have been attacked.

I am requesting that you take them out. The reward is 2,000,000J and I have more details for you once you arrive.

Sincerely,

Duke Arano

Su read over the letter twice, before deciding to take the job. She knew full well, it would be a dumb idea to take on an entire Magical Guild by herself. She debated asking Wendy and Carla to join her, but since Natsu and Lucy were taking a job, she assumed the rest of Team Natsu was going as well.

"What do you got there?" Erza asked, looking at the letter in Su's hands.

"A job request." Su said.