3 | this is my magic

Somehow, the word of Natsu and Su's brawl had spread like wildfire. By the time that Su had finished her breakfast, almost the entire guild had showed up.

"They seem excited." Su said, "I thought Natsu fought everyone."

"He does." Wendy said, "But for us who were stuck on Tenrou, we've never seen you fight before."

"I guess." Su said, as she looked across the back garden of the Guild Hall. "Then again a lot of the guild hasn't seen my magic in combat form."

"Why not?" Carla asked, tearing her eyes away from Freed, who was setting up ruins to protect the area from Natsu's fire.

"I'm not really one for randomly challenging people to fights." Su said, "And my magic is more suited for combat then everyday stuff."

"What kind of magic do you use?" Wendy asked.

Su smiled, "I think its better if I you just watch me fight."

"Su." Freed said, walking over. "The Runes are done."

"Thank you Freed." Su said, giving the green-haired mage a small smile. "I'll go get Natsu."

"I'll go get Natsu!" Wendy said, running off.

"She seems awfully excited." Su said, "I thought she wasn't the type to like violence."

"I think Wendy has taken a liking to you." Carla said, "She also looks up to Natsu a lot."

"ALL RIGHT!" Natsu said, bursting out of the Guild followed by a majority of it. "IT'S TIME TO FIGHT!"

"Sounds good." Su said, getting up and walking into the fighting zone. "Wendy, can you watch over Maxence for me?"

"Of course, Su-san!"

Su nodded, giving the sky maiden a grin before stepping into the fighting zone.

"Normal fighting rules?"

"First one to the ground loses." Natsu said, joining Su in the ring.

"Right." Su said, "Want to make the first move?"

Immediately, Natsu's fists were covered in flames as he rushed towards Su. Su ducked out of the way, swinging a leg out to catch Natsu's leg. This caused the fire wizard to lose his balance for a minute, so Su swung out a fist and landed a solid punch with her non-metal hand to his face.

Natsu went plummeting back, and staggered as he tried to regain his balance. Su clapped her palms together, before swinging her hands above her head where a three large golden magic circles appeared, stacked on top of each other.

"Three Layered Magic Circle: Meteor!"

Out of the magic circle came a massive ball of golden energy. Su swung the ball back, before throwing it at Natsu, pummelling him into the ground. The Fire Wizard was quick to reach his feet again, jumping towards Su as he raised his leg.

"Fire Dragon's Claw!"

Su grinned as his flamed leg neared closer and closer to her head. She heard people yell at her to move, but she didn't. At the last moment she reached out her right arm and grabbed his ankle.

"Huh?" Natsu asked, as the flames brushed against her arm without doing anything. She didn't even react to the flames.

"Was that it all?" Su asked, throwing Natsu to the side. "I thought you had more drive?"

"I'm all fired up!" Natsu yelled, skidding to his feet. "I'll get you!"

Natsu charged at her again, and Su grinned. She planted her feet hard into the ground. When Natsu neared her, she brought her right hand up quickly and chopped it down with a lot of force.

A sickening thwack echoed through the clearing as Su's hand met Natsu's head. The fiery boy was on the ground, completely knocked out. Several people sweat dropped, while some marvelled in the sheer force of the blow.

"Natsu is down!" Romeo yelled.

Makarov looked at Su with interest.

"She can use the same magic as Mystogan." Makarov said, "That is interesting."

The runes disappeared, and Su walked over to Natsu.

"Hey, you good?" Su said, nudging him awake.

"I feel great!" Natsu said despite the fact that he was more than a little dazed, "What kind of magic was that?"

"Layered Magic." Su explained as Nastu straightened up, "I think you had an old member who used the same magic. His name was Mystogan?"

"Yeah!" Natsu said, before running off to Happy.

Su wandered back to Wendy and Carla. The blue-haired girl was looking at Su in awe, as she held Maxence in her arms.

"Wow!" Wendy said. "That was so cool!"

"Thanks, Wendy." Su said, "So, did you recognize my magic?"

"Yeah, you use Mystogan's magic!" Wendy said, "But you don't use any staves. What do you use?"

Out of nowhere, Su suddenly brandished six kunai's. They were black in colour with white leather wrapped around the handles. Su had taken incredibly good care of her weapon's as they were sharpened to a 'T' and gleamed under the sun.

"Staves are a hassle to carry around." Su explained, "Kunai's are lighter and smaller."

"Are you from Edolas?" Wendy asked.

Su looked at her confused.

"What's Edolas?" Su asked, "Is that an Eastern Country in Ishgar?"

"No, it's an alternate world to ours." Carla explained, "We live in Earthland. Edolas is where Exceed's are from, which is what Happy and I are. Everyone has Edolas counterparts. Mystogan is from Edolas, and his counterpart in Earthland is named Jellal Fernandes."

Su's eyes widened, which the other two caught on, along with a few other people around them.

"Su."

The named wizard looked up to see Erza and Gray walking over. The former was the one who called her name.

"Do you know Jellal?" Erza asked.

"Yeah." Su said, a small smile on her face. "You guys know how I'm from Stella?"

"Yeah." Gray said, "But what does that have to do with Jellal?"

"Well, when I came to Fiore, I was looking for somewhere to go. People didn't like helping me since they thought I was scary and treated me differently for being an immigrant." Su explained, "I ran into Jellal at one point, and he was the first person in Fiore to treat me like a human being. He pretty much saved my life, and was the one who suggested I join Fairy Tail."

Erza nodded.

"Was that after he broke out of prison?" Erza asked.

"Yeah." Su said.

"Is he doing okay?" Erza asked, concerned for him.

"Last time I saw him he was doing okay." Su answered.

"That's good." Erza said.

"You looove him!"

"Where did you come from Happy?"

"Wouldn't you like to know?"

last edited: october 13, 2021word count: 1,091

word count: 1,091