Part 16

I do not own pic!

The next morning you woke up first, a bit too early, even before Itachi.
Without making any noise, you left his room and first headed upstairs to yours, then went downstairs to the kitchen.

He was still sleeping on the couch, he started to stir, then he finally woke up.
He sat up and removed his silky black hair out of his face, rubbing the sleepiness away.
He quickly noticed you weren't in the room, but felt no need to hurry and look for you, he is sure there is no way you can escape.
A while later after getting prepared, he left the room and went to look for you.

'This smell...', he thought to himself as he walked through the hallway heading to the dinning room, feeling his stomach rumble. It was a very delicious smell, the smell of something traditional.

He remained silent once he reached the dinning room, seeing that you had already set the table, with a collection of traditional Japanese dishes, something he hasn't enjoyed ever since he left his parents' house to live alone years ago.
Rice, miso, yakizakana, tsukemono, nori, kobachi...you noticed his presence, but didn't say anything as you turned around and walked back to the kitchen to get the teapot.

He didn't sit up, he was kinda too surprised...something he didn't expect this morning from you, a very beautiful surprise indeed. He was happy, not just because of the delicious breakfast but most importantly, because of the fact that...it is made by you, you [name], his love.
Once you walked back into the dinning room, you noticed him still standing there, waiting for you. His eyes immediately looked at you, a beautiful small smile adorning his lips.

"You may sit down and eat", you said in a calm voice, placing the teapot on the table then taking a seat.
"You made all this...for me?!", Itachi asked once he sat down.

'Is she starting to accept me?', he wondered.

You looked at him briefly, and didn't say anything as you just started eating.
'She is.. feeling embarrassed to admit it, maybe...', he thought to himself, not asking more questions, not wanting to push you even more. It is enough for him to know that you're starting to accept him, or so...that's what he thought...

"What's your favorite dessert?", you asked, breaking the silence, taking the teapot and refilling Itachi's cup. Looking at him, you noticed how he seemed to enjoy this breakfast too much, he also didn't expect you to be a good cook.
"Dango", he replied with no hesitation.
"Ah, and which tea do you like to have with it?"
"Hojicha sweet tea", he replied with a smile mixed with some confusion, is this a dream?!
He can't believe it, you actually 'care' of what he likes, you're trying to find out more about him...

'Dango and Hojicha sweet tea? He is surely so fond of sweet things...', you thought, pouring more tea in your cup as well.

You didn't talk much more after that, except that time Itachi suggested on you to work more on the song together after breakfast, which you agreed to.

You were in the art room leaning against a wall near the window watching the waves of the ocean crushing onto the rocks, waiting for Itachi to get his papers from his room.

The door opened and he walked in. He headed toward the piano in the center of the room as you walked to him.
"You can take a look", he murmured, giving you the papers as you took them from him, avoiding to touch his fingers, then you sat on a near chair while Itachi sat on the piano bench.

He was watching you holding the papers and reading them. He was lost in your beauty, he can't explain it, something inside of him is attaching him so strongly to you. Even he himself doesn't know why this happened to him once he first saw you and heard your voice.
He is calm now, he feels at ease, peaceful, but this is only because you're with him, because he has you. He doesn't know what would happen if he ever loses you...again.

Again..?

"And still the truth is unclear
Yet the tune he plays, of the night in caves
Reveals to one, his fantasy is alive
The dream unfurls
Then begins the story of one who could not let go
And the one whose pain and suffering still grows
Yet they say, together, conquering friend and foe
Until they are going home at last"

You finished reading what's written on the paper, remaining silent for a while.
You were shocked, to know that....these words are written by Itachi, you can say you already know how beautiful this will be.
You looked at him to find him looking at you as well. He can't, he can't get enough of you, just seeing you in front of him was too good for him, not to talk about composing songs together with you...

"May I know, what did you think of when you wrote this?", you asked kindly, still holding the papers in your hands reading them over again.
He looked at the keys of the piano, thinking, "a couple of warriors...", he said, 'like us...', he thought to himself.
"I see, let me read more of what you have written", you said taking another paper as he nodded.

'Warriors?', you repeated inside your head, remembering the beautiful painting on the wall of the hallway leading to his room.
A large and beautiful painting of samurai warriors portrayed in a scene of war, with beautiful cherry blossom trees blooming in the background, while Mount Fuji added more beauty to the picture.
But...what's about the real samurai sword you saw in his office room before? And what's about all those old books in his library narrating a long history of the samurais?
Back then, you didn't pay much attention to all of this, you didn't notice it well, but now that you're thinking of it...is this some sort of heirloom?

"For the man she saves, may seem devil made is noble as he's pure
Of heart, his soul shining bright
The facades of smiles and mischievous smirks
Hide the truth, he'd selfishly hurt alone Until he breaks

So he'll s and strum with tones and powerful blows
And they'll drink together, let inhibitions go
Yet the hidden feelings, don't let themselves be known
Until they're going home at last "

"What do you think?", Itachi asked you, as you finished reading. You looked at him then back at the paper, reading it again, too beautiful.
"I love it", you said, simply.
'Love?!' Itachi's heart skipped a beat hearing you say that word about a thing he did. You actually...didn't like but loved what he wrote! Is he dreaming? Is that you [name]?!

"Do you have any idea of the melody that would go with it?", Itachi asked quietly.
"Yes...", you nodded, placing the papers on the piano as you walked again slowly toward the window and looked outside through the glass.
"It will be a beautiful song, with beautiful music. The modern instruments would play alongside the traditional Japanese ones. The present would meet the past...", you trialed off, resting your head against the window frame.

"Beautiful, indeed. Unfortunately, I don't have the traditional instruments for now". You turned around quickly, hearing his voice right beside you. Your heart started beating fast, when he gently cupped out cheek and looked deeply into your eyes.
"You're so beautiful [name]...", he muttered.
You felt alerted, you're not ready to take this to another level yet, you need to...escape...and quickly!!!
"W-we will work more on it later...I've gotta go to my room now...", you said, in a voice full of confusion, pushing him out of your way gently and hurrying out of the art room, then straight to your room.
Again, he makes things hard for you by trying to get closer, closer than what you'd allow him to...

Itachi chuckled, turning his full attention to the window and watching the ocean.
He said it, you will love him, and you're already starting to do so, how long are you gonna resist [name]? How long..?

Ps: I don't own any of the lyrics of the songs^^.