Part 15

I do not own pic!

"[Name]...[Name]! Open your eyes! Please, sweetheart..."

You slowly opened your eyes, seeing Itachi's face through a blurry vision.
He was holding your face in his palms and gently wiping away your tears with his thumbs, extremely concerned about you.

"You have been crying heavily in your sleep, what did you see in your dreams? Tell me", he asked softly.
"Chigake, he was here", you said, just a faint whisper, not even trying to push Itachi away when he gently wrapped his arms around you and rested your head against his chest. You were too lost in your dream to think of something else and try to push him away, your thoughts were all about Chikage, there was no Itachi...

"No [name], it is me who's here with you, Itachi", Itachi said calmly. Despite how much what you said had upset him, he didn't show any signs of anger, at that time, comforting you comes first, and also, the way you let him embrace you was too good for him to ruin.

You pushed him away after a while when you finally snapped out of your daze, avoiding to look directly in his eyes. He seems to like your moments of weaknesses and he knows how to take advantage of them.
He noticed the change in you, he reached for the beautiful red rose he got for you and held it in between his fingers for you.

"Please, accept this from me", he said with a little smile, while you eyed the red rose with its thornless long stem and its vivid red color.
You took it from him, avoiding to touch his fingers then just put it aside on the notebook. He was waiting for you to at least smell it, admire it, maybe thank him for it, just something little and significant...but you never did.

"Shall we have some lunch?", he asked, already taking the basket and starting to serve the food as you just nodded and watched him silently. Again, he was the one trying to make a further step, he was the one trying to do something to make this situation less sad and bitter, to make things work...

"You cook too well", you said in a calm voice, taking a bite from your burger. In fact, everything he does, he makes sure to do it perfectly and neatly.
He nodded and smiled a little, feeling flattered with your little remark. He looked at you as the wind blew gently making more cherry blossoms petals to fall down, you look so beautiful, he loves you so much, if you only would smile for him, and give him a chance...

"May I take a look?", he said, pointing to the notebook beside you.
"Yes, I wrote a song, for Chikage", you said, finally smiling a little.
"Stop saying his name in my presence. Now hand over the notebook", Itachi said in a sharp tone, then grabbed the notebook you held for him with some roughness in doing so, clearly annoyed by the way you keep mentioning your fiancé's name, while he gets no appreciation no matter what he does for you.

As he started reading the song lyrics you wrote, he was also stealing looks at you. Still seeing how sad you are, and regretting the way he talked to you a while ago, but...you left him no choice. He feels sorry for you, but also, disappointed that you keep holding onto old forgotten memories...

"It is impressive...I loved it", he said in a much gentler tone this time, still holding the notebook in his hands.
You only replied to his comment by a simple shrug from your shoulders as you kept staring at the vaste green field ahead of you.

"Hey, look at me", you flinched slightly feeling him take your hand in his. You looked into his eyes when he said that, he didn't seem angry but...sad.
"We might turn this into a beautiful musical piece together later, you by singing and I by playing the instruments", he said smiling a little as you nodded. You told him you will think about it, and of course, quickly snatching your hand from his.

You wanted to stay out as long as possible, just thinking about being trapped again inside that house made you feel even more down. But as much as you tried to delay it, time to head back had finally come as the sun turned orange when it was gonna set soon.
The weather changed dramatically and fast, from a clear sky into a dark cloudy one. Not long after you headed home, it started raining heavily.
This made you more sad, as if the sky was crying with you. Itachi was busy making some dinner for the two of you as you read the song again.

Nothing much happened at dinner. Itachi just let you be and didn't try to push you into a talk or anything else. As much as you hated him, you also appreciated this side of him, his understanding, kindness and patience, especially when he had no reason to be that way to you.

You were in bed. It was past 1 am but you were still up, thinking...
You were still trying to make plans for your escape and how to win Itachi's heart without allowing him to cross the limits but also without ending up pushing him away.
In the middle of your thoughts, you flinched as your heart skipped a beat once you heard a loud thunder sound as the rain started falling even heavier.
You stood up from your place, fiddling with your hands nervously as the lightening struck again with a louder thunder after it, and being honest, you weren't much of a lover of thunderstorms.

Itachi was still up in his room when he heard a knock on the door. Without thinking much, he got up from the bed and hurried to open the door, what could his [name] want now?! What is bothering her?! Is she sick?! Does she need something?! Anything, anything for her...

Once he opened the door he was met by a worried, and kinda scared face of [name], who has been looking aside with her arms crossed over her chest.
"P-Please put a shirt on first", he arched his eyebrows questioningly, but then remembering that he opened the door too quickly that he forgot to wear a shirt. But what's about the reason she came for?!
"Just a moment, it is just somewhere here. Please, come in", he said, turning around and grabbing his gery, long-sleeved shirt from the bed and quickly slipping it on then he came back to you. You looked down for a while then back at him.

"Can I...s-stay in your room tonight, please? I don't like thunderstorms", you said, expecting him to make a joke about this, or maybe understand this in a wrong way...but no, he didn't.
"Of course, just let me remove my stuff from the bed for you", he said immediately with a nod, not even thinking about it as he walked toward his bed and grabbed the papers and pen and put them on the coffee table, you seem to be stuttering more than usual, which means you are pretty worried, something that concerns him a lot.

You just watched him silently. Why is he like this?! Again, just too understanding?! He didn't just put his things on the table, he also changed the whole bed sheets and covers and pillows, putting new ones for you, so he makes sure you sleep comfortably.
"It is ready", he said once he was done. He does everything, while you don't do anything, but...you can't force yourself to love him, you didn't ask him to bring you here or love you, your heart belongs to someone else!! Besides, he literally kidnapped you!!

"What were you doing before I came here?", you asked calmly, sitting on the edge of the bed and pointing to the papers on the table, not noticing yourself that you have already forgot about the thunderstorm.
"I was working on the song you wrote earlier, I really think it is beautiful", he said simply, looking down at the papers on the table as you nodded.
"We will talk about it tomorrow", you said then lifted the covers up then got under them, clearly sleepy.
He didn't want to disturb you and talk more, he just got a blanket from the closet and walked towards the couch, laying down while still keeping some lights on, so you'd feel more comfortable.

You slept in his place. You can't deny it, it feels safer to be with him now, even though you know who he is and what he has done to you. He is trustworthy and you know you can just sleep without worrying about anything, but...this is not what you want, you will find a way to go and be free again, sooner or later, no matter what it takes...