Azula 4

You knew hiding wasn't going to do you any good. It would probably backfire and cause the two royals to grow upset with you, but you didn't care. Azula cussing you out, and Zuko being cold with you for a few days was better than showing your hideous face around the town.

"Y/N! Come down for dinner!" Your father called, you froze, thinking your previous thought over again. Maybe you could cover up. You scrambled to your closet, throwing on a hood and shoes. The sound of heavy footsteps got closer, either a maid or guard was walking towards your door, moments away from ruining your chance to escape.

"I'm...changing? I'll be down in a second! But don't come in because...I'm naked?" Your acting must've fooled whoever was coming, because the footsteps came to a halt before going back down the stairs.

"Y/N still hasn't turned up? Why don't you try visiting her? That's what a caring girlfriend would do. You know?" Zuko smirked, enjoying the way his sister had grown furious.

"If Y/N's avoiding me, I'll let her. Not like I keep her on a leash."

"Not yet at least."

"Princess Azula. You have a visitor." A guard bowed, not looking up to meet her glare.

"Who?"

"A girl, princess."

"Y/N."

"Azula!"

"Y/N."

"Oh shit. You seem a little mad-"

"A little!? I'm furious, Y/LN!"

"I'm sorry! I am. Something happened and I needed to stay away for awhile."

"What could possibly have been so huge that you felt the need to avoid me for two weeks!"

"Uh, you know, stuff." You murmured, refusing to look up at the girl.

"Let me see your face."

"No."

"No? Who do you think you are, Y/N?"

"Well, I'm Y/N." You joked, not even earning a smile from Azula.

"Look at me, now."

"Only because you asked so nicely." You held onto your hood with shaky fingers, stalling.

"You do know what now means, right?" You didn't respond, countless scenarios on how she would react flashing through your mind all at once. "Y/N." Her tone was the soft, and her footsteps light as she slowly made her way to you.

"I'm sorry."

"For what? What could you possibly be sorry about?"

"I couldn't even defend myself. My stupid dad and his little sausage fingers torched me!"

"Torched you? He burned you?" She muttered, you nodded, covering your face with your hands. "Let me see."

"No way!"

"Y/N. Please."

"Please?" You gasped, the sound muffled by your hands.

"Please." She repeated, her hands gently grabbing yours and removing them from your face.

"Don't stare!" You huffed, looking away from the girl in embarrassment.

"It's new, but it doesn't make you any different. You're an idiot to think something like this would humilate or anger me."

"Is that reassurance or are you insulting me?"

"Both."

"Way to show me up! You shithead!" Zuko yelled, jabbing his finger on the left side of your face.