𝚁𝚞𝚗 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 (2.1)

The day has come for me to start updating everyday again TvT

The remaining chapters are focused on the manga.
___________________________________

Back at the now burnt down Utopia the survivors were outside, gathering the things left for them to survive. I sat next to Arisu and collapsed in the grass staring at the sky, "How's your wounds?" I turn to his direction and he sighed "you don't look good yourself" my hand twitched. "There's so many people that left..." I mentioned, "it's because staying here will only remind them of that hell" one of the people replied back. I sat up and rest my head on my knees feeling the warm breeze.

Kuina was there "you're a mess" she chuckled. "I was having a nice talk with An and Usagi" she sat next to me, Arisu got up probably to go to Usagi.

"They're deeply in love aren't they?" Kuina noticed their relationship too. "What chemistry they have" this suddenly reminded me of Chishiya. My heart ached, where was he now?... Is he eating fine? What am i saying, of course he is. He's Chishiya.

"Chishiya's doing his stuff as usual if your wondering" I am a transparent wall, she saw right through me. I smiled, "that's so like him" that's right. He didn't stop, i shouldn't too. After this hell hole, i can finally spend time with him.

And that thought hit me, will we even meet again?

Flashback

The cards..are being held up the sky. I felt chills run down my spine, the next stage...will we survive? I had permanent residency because of the Joker role but i don't want to sit still knowing people are fighting for their survival. I squeezed my hand hard, Chishiya noticed the blood dripping that was caused by my fingernails. He grabbed my hand up and looked at me. We stared at each other, it got akward and he pulled his hand away but i grabbed his hand tighter not letting him go. Not now, we have things to talk about.

He got this and smirked, "Kuina, keep them company" looking at Arisu and Usagi. "Okayyy let's go that way" She went in between them and dragged them on the opposite direction, Arisu turned back to me and i just nodded.

I turn to Chishiya, i still couldn't read his Expression. Now that i finally got to see him again, i don't know what to say to him. He broke eye contact and coughed "So, are you participating?"

"Pardon?" He didn't look at me but continued "That Joker.." i looked down to my arms to see the tattoo. "Oh uhmm.. im going to participate" i laughed nervously. "I see.." he looked like he wanted to say something but kept his mouth shut. "Hey, i want to come with you" He stayed silent with his back turned. "You know i would betray you if that time comes" I thought for a bit..

"Don't stay unguarded just because you like me" this time he looked at me straight in the eyes with a serious expression. I ignored what he said and blushed red. "Even though i confessed to you, this is just embarrassing" i scratched the back of my head anxiously. He rolled his eyes "I thought you matured these past few days, i was serious" I smiled. We walked outside a bit, "beating the next stage will be tough but we just need to keep going" I started the conversation. He hummed in return, i pouted. "Are you taking Kuina with you?" I looked down. "Depends..." I sighed, they're partnering up after all. "It seems you already planned your next move, there's no reason for you to come with us" I was startled, did he know?

"Although i don't know what it is your planning" I almost fell back after hearing that. Don't scare me like that, i almost believe you were reading my mind. "I'm not phsycic" he added and i looked at him with doubt. "Hey, you said you were a medical student but i wanted to know what your childhood was like. Sorry for asking your personal life in advance i mean you don't have to tell me" I stuttered, he grinned "Don't say that when you already did ask" I'm embarrassed.

"My childhood wasn't any different or interesting at the slightest" Did i hit a sensitive topic?

"Well uhmm...my childhood was nice, me and my brothers would play outside although it was mostly me and Arisu" I tried to change the topic. "Arisu was smart and a great strategist, he would always find me while we play hide and seek. I was okay with that,i was average and i had to work harder than him for me to succeed" I started to ramble and looked at him to say sorry but what surprised me was that he was listening. I giggled and continued "Although i would always run faster than him whenever we race but i would always trip in the middle of it because i was tired" I laughed. I looked down to his hand, i hesitated but he grabbed my hand instead. "It's still a nice day outside" Chishiya....

He grabbed my hand and ran, dragging me with him on the empty streets. "Wait Chishiya slow down!" But that reminded me of the first game we played together...

His now properly kept blond hair was now tangled because of the wind. Now that you mention it, is he wearing pajamas. How cute, i laughed.(The live action adaption)

He faced me and i could see a small smile form in his mouth but it was only for a brief moment before he faced away, did i imagine it?

I wish we could be like this forever, just the two of us not caring from our surroundings, just me only focusing at him. His hand was warm and i feel so happy that i could cry.

He's my salvation, my preservation.

"If you don't look at where your going you might fall" his voice took me out of my thoughts and back to reality. "Well, where are we going exactly" He stayed silent for awhile but he silently replied with "Guess".

"Oh come on tell meee" I whined. I was tired but i still had energy to run, i can't rest while he's here. This might be our last moment together..

We took the stairs case to a building, and went up to the rooftop. "The view might be better at night but we could still enjoy it" The sun shined brighter than any other day since i came here. I heard the birds that flew by us. "I was wondering, what if this is our punishment as human beings?" He smirked and flicked my forehead. "Ow!" I put pressure on the part he hit.

"You sure do think too deeply" He sat down, "you're in no position to tell me that" I sat down next to him. I rest my head one his lap and i could tell it surprised him. "Don't move, im just resting. I'm out of breath you know?" He exhales. "I guess it's safe for me to discuss this  joker role" he puts a palm on my mouth. "It's better not to talk about it out in the open" i nodded. He touched my bandages that were wrapped around my arms. I flinched, "sorry does it hurt?" I shook my head, "it tickles".

"Y/n" I closed my eyes not daring to open them because if i did, i can't hold back. "Don't die" he continued.

I smiled "same to you" we went silent. I could feel his face nearing mine, i was about to open my eyes but he covered it with his hand. I could feel his breath on my lips.

I could feel him closer, the surroundings disappeared at that moment. I could feel my face heating up but it wasn't long until we heard a gunshot.

Bang

End Of Chapter 2.1

Author✍︎:

Here's your roller coaster ride :)