𝙰𝚋𝚒𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚢? (17)

I was lying in the ground without much energy left. I moved to land before they find me, i went into hiding in a abandoned alley way.

I was still applying pressure on my shoulder, i slowly opened my bag to grab my towel. I wrapped it around my shoulder.

It hurts like hell, i can still move so it's not so bad. I checked the phone for any notifications. Nothing, i sighed. I didn't think of this before i escaped.

I placed the phone back and removed my mask. I bandaged the my arms to cover the tattoo, my skin got scraped while being pinned down in the rocks.

If i don't find Kishi i'll never learn the full truth. Then a thought crept on me, what if he's dead? No it can't be, did he get caught giving me information?

I looked at the phone again and opened the file with the video. The video played once again but this time i was focusing observing Kishi's surroundings.

This was near my neighborhood... could he still be there? Going to the Subway station is risky.

I stood up and carried my bag and swung the strap on my unhurt shoulder.

This place was isolated as always, not really much people walking around. I went back to the park where Usagi planted vegetables. The crops were destroyed, but their are a few still edible.

I can live like this forever since of the permanent residency but time is limited for Arisu and others. I promised Niragi to go back stronger and i absolutely need that kiss from Chishiya.

I went near our neighborhood and ended up the same area where Kishi recorded the video. Of course he wasn't here...
.
.
.
I looked around near the area, only to find a face mask. This was Kishi's mask...was he really taken by the people?

Since i'm near my neighborhood, i decided to visit my house. I was outside my door not daring to go in.

I touched the door knob slowly, my hands were shaking. It's been a long time, time was beginning to slow down and i couldn't hear my surroundings. I turned the knob until

"Hey" I swung my body around and punched the person behind me out of surprise. The person fell down to the ground, holding their nose.

"Nice one y/n" Kishi groaned slowly standing up.

"Kishi?!" He chuckled.

"You're still calling me that?" Well i mean..i got used to it.

I went to punch him again but he dodged this time. I was so angry at him.

"You bitch! You suddenly running off like that leaving your phone. Look what you made me do!!" I repeatedly stomped on his shoes.

"Okay okay i get it. Stop" walking backwards.

"I thought you were dead!" Wait why the hell is he outside my house anyway.

"You got some explaining to do!" He just nodded.

"Let's go inside first" I looked at him in confusion pointing at my front door, my eyes saying 'here?'

He just opened the door, suddenly different kind of birds fled outside, the inside was the same always but atmosphere got more darker.

We went to sit in the couch, i noticed he brought canned food and my stomach rumbled. He smiles "Let's talk after your fed" I just continued checking his phone.

"I guess the escape was dangerous?" He opened the canned food and placed it on the plate.

"You knew i was gonna do that?" He brought the plate in the side table. He opened a soft drink and begun to chug down.

"I was originally planning to get you out myself but they found the body" Body? I carefully placed the plate on my knees, "thank you for the food"

"The woman, former Joker" I stared bewildered.

"Was she still in the elevator?" I looked down.

"Well after you gone out of the building i went to check her body. Her tattoo was still embalmed in her wrist"

"You were watching?" He suddenly pulled out a lot of gadgets.

"Of course i did, you caught my eyes the first time i saw you" I look at him disgusted.

"Of course not in THAT way" he started to check on one of the gadgets.

"Been tracking you since day one" He winked at me, i just continued to listen to him.

"This dealer thing wasn't that fun" I started to grip my spoon tighter as he mentioned that.

"We're you guys... responsible for this?..." I scowled at him.

"We're in the same boat, we are forced to play against players for our own benefit" He sighs.

"I was the one who told the former joker about you" So he did cause my pain.

"Look, i didn't want to involve in this joker thing. It has been bothering me since that encounter and im sick of it" I started to stand up, i can't believe this.

I was about to leave but he grabbed my hand. "You want to protect those you love right?" My eyes widened.

"If you listen to what i have to say till the end, i might able to unleash that power. You saw how the women had when she was chasing you" I was speechless.

I sat back down "Well? Go on"

"I don't know what your power is specifically right now. Just like the Joker card in every card game-" I interrupted him.

"I don't know card games work" he's eyes widened "you don't know any?... Poker or solitaire?" I shook my head and he facepalmed.

"Okay...I'll just have to explain from the very beginning, Just like how Joker's were added in a deck of cards as an addition.
.
.
.

"You can be your own Joker, it chose you but you will be the one to decide what you make it to be" -Funsizeweeb

It just depends on what game you want to play. "Tell me, what has happened the past few days?"

I thought for a minute, "there was one time, the phone turned on after we played the game. Which wasn't possible. After that, it seems i am the only one who can see the video" I stared at phone Kishi have me.

He hums, "Interesting, your ability is amazing.." He stands up and dragged me outside.

"Wait Kishi?" He seemed excited.

"Let's try something"
.
.
.
.
.
End Of Chapter 17