Chapter 12 - Hunt for The Last Rose

Two journeys, two realms, two roses and one more to go. I wasn't able to get on my feet once I came back home. It had been so tiring, now I realized why I didn't want my wolf to come out. Turning into a wolf can take half of your energy, imagine turning a hybrid into a wolf. Parker had to go so I was by myself in my room. I needed only one thing to get my energy back and that was blood.

I sat up on my bed and that is when I smelt a strong scent of blood. It was definitely not human blood, it smelt so strong that could give you a headache. I sniffed out to see where it was coming from. The scent was somewhere in the walls but there was a wallpaper over the wall so there was no way there could be blood. I tore the wallpaper and almost had a heart attack when I saw it.

 I tore the wallpaper and almost had a heart attack when I saw it

I knew exactly who would do a thing like this. The Vampire Coven had already found where I was living and it won't take too long for the others to find me too. I had to find the final rose before they could find me. Not knowing what to do, I called out to Parker. He immediately appeared in front of me.

"Hey what hap-," he paused as he saw the blood.

"They found me Parker, we have to find the final rose and get out of here fast," I said starting to panic.

"But you haven't rest yet, we can't face anything until you are rested," Parker spoke with a concerned look in his face.

"We have to go now, I don't need rest all I need is some blood," I muttered and that is when the room started spinning.

"Ayla, you okay?" Parker asked as he stepped towards me. I could tried to focus my eyes on Parker but everything was so blurry. I fell onto the ground but gladly Parker caught me in his arms.

"Ayla don't close your eyes, I will bring you some blood," he said looking into my eyes. I nodded and he faded away.

Thankfully Parker made it on time to stop me from starvation of blood. It didn't take long enough to come back with bags of blood. I drank all of it which he brought but I had no idea how he got all the blood from. It felt so good drinking the blood, it was like humans need water to survive while we needed blood. If a vampire doesn't get enough blood regularly then he or she dies from starvation.

After I felt strong enough I forced Parker to take me to the last realm. I wanted to finish this for once and for all. I wanted to be free, free from being hunted by my own kinds. The last rose we had to collect is the Pink Rose, which was said to be the most hardest rose to get to but I was willing to risk it all. 

The next realm we had to go to was one of the dangerous realms of all, The Realm of Power. It is where all the powers of every creature is contained and if it is all let out at once it would create the whole universe's end. So this realm decides the end of the whole humanity and the supernatural. Believe me, I've never understood why a realm like this existed but Parker says that it exists to keep the balance of the universe. I know I know, I am also confused too. 

Even though it was one of the dangerous places, the realm looked very beautiful unlike the other two realms I've been to. 

The sun was shining brightly but the snow just didn't melt

The sun was shining brightly but the snow just didn't melt. There were huge rocky mountains surrounding the area along with snow covered trees. There was a big shallow stream flowing, and the water was freezing cold. I just wished Parker could've given me a heads up about where we were going. The only question I had in my mind was, how could a rose survive over here? It didn't make any sense at all. 

"You look cold, I wish I could give my jacket to you but I still haven't learnt how to do that," Parker said.

"Hey it's okay, I already have cold blood in my system," I spoke happy that he was worried about me. He gave me a calm smile and we continued our hunt for the rose. 

Nothing was there except for snow. Everything was covered with snow, a beautiful site. All of a sudden a stone altar appeared in front of us with the Pink Rose floating above it. We waited for a second, just in case someone or something decides to pop in. One minute passed....two....three and still nothing happened.

"Be careful, it might be a trap," Parker whispered as I got closer to the altar.

I reached out and grabbed the rose and ran back to Parker. The stone altar started shaking violently and it crumbled to pieces. I glanced at Parker and he faced me with a surprised look on his eyes. 

"W-we did it," Parker stuttered as he brought me to an unexpected hug.

Then the snow that we were standing on started melting away. Everything started melting all around us. Within four to five minutes all the snow around us melted away. 

"Take the other two roses and do what has to be done," Parker spoke. With the Pink Rose still on my hand, I took out the other two roses. I hesitated at first, I knew what the result of this was going to be. 

"We all have to take risks in our lives Ayla, it's all going to be okay. I am right here for you I promise," Parker said while he held my hand. I gave him a nod and he let go of my hand.