Chapter 13: Masks

We're back to main storyline. Hope you enjoy!

Zero kept his word and left the next morning.

He had to do it a lot more earlier in order to make sure that Ichiru was actually asleep. When he unlocked his apartment door and got inside, his chest started to hurt a lot. Zero knows this pain all too well but it had to be done. The twins were just not ready to be united again, just yet. Zero soon managed to walk towards his room and flop on the bed once he got inside. The boy had a feeling that if he opens his cell right now, Yuki would be all over. Bombarding him with calls, long text messages, voicemails, you name it.

For some reason, however, Zero opened it. It just gave him some sort of ego boost to see a lying, cheating, scumbag still going after him. His violet eyes soon started to droop a little as a small yawn escaped his lips. He managed to look at the time and plug in his phone before he too, fell deep asleep. Hours later, Zero woke up and saw his digital clock reading '8:00.' Immediately, he jumped out of bed and zoomed towards the bathroom.

"Shit! Shit! I'm going to be late! I only have thirty minutes to get there!" He yelled out, panicking. Zero soon got ready and barely had time to eat a proper breakfast, only grabbing a yogurt on the way out. Surprisingly, Zero managed not to be late and had around ten minutes left before the first class of the day. He unlocked his locker and got what he needed for the whole day, along with putting away his backpack and sweater. Just as he started walking to his first period class, a voice called out his name.

Yuki.

Everyone knew about their tremulous and toxic relationship but they still expected Zero to be a simp for Yuki and turn around. But to their utter surprise and delight, for a few, Zero didn't do it.

Instead, he ignored her.
——————————————-
Hours later...

"Zero! You got to talk to me! What's happening with you?" Yuki kept asking, annoying Zero to no end. He knew that Yuki can be stubborn but not like this! Eventually, the girl managed to stop him. "This isn't you! Why don't you talk to me?!" Yuki gasped when she saw only a blank, expressionless face on Zero. The 'this isn't you' is just another saying that she is unable to manipulate and use Zero anymore.

The blankness is just his mask.

This mask protects him from being vulnerable...from being human.

As long as this mask protects him, then so be it. He will keep it on.