Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 54

Lisa's POV

It's been 2 days since the burial, but Jennie is still mourning. She rarely talks, most of the times she's just staring out of the window, looking afar. But she's not crying anymore, and that's what I'm most concerned about. They're bottling their emotions.

"Jen, baby, dress up. We'll go somewhere," I said and tapped her shoulder slightly. She looks up at me and raised her eyebrows in question. "Dress up, love."

"Where are we going?" She asked but stood up anyways.

"It's a good weather. We will get fresh air," I answered, taking my shirt off. She nodded and went to the bathroom. I packed some clothes and change my clothes into a more casual one. When she's done, I led her downstairs where Jisoo and Rosé are watching a cartoon. Encanto, I think.

Rosé had been keeping Jisoo company ever since. She never even asked about the matter with Sunmi and Jisoo.

"You're leaving now?" Jisoo raised an eyebrow when she saw us.

"Yeah. Take care of Chaeng while we're gone," I pointed a finger at her as a warning and led Jennie to my car. More like Chaeng will take care of her, but I don't want to upset her. Not when I'm still taking pity on her state. After pulling out of the garrage, I put my hand on her thigh again.

"Where are we going?" She asked again, looking at me. I held her hand that was resting on her lap and squeezed it.

"Somewhere," I answered, smiling at her. I played a song and went back to holding her hand again, my hand moving to her bump to caress it once in a while. After half an hour of driving, she spoke, surprising me. "Sing for me."

"Nah. I can't sing," I shook my head, chuckling. You just talk once in a while and you will ask me to sing?

"Please. Just once," She pouted her lips addorably, giving me a puppy dog eyes as she rub her thumb on my hand that is on her thigh. I sighed, knowing I lost with just one glance on her.

"Maybe later, love. I'm driving."

After another two hours of driving — which Jennie just spent sleeping, leaving me alone to hum the songs playing — I stopped infront of a 27 story hotel that M enterprise owns.

"There are many hotel near your house but you drove three hours for this hotel?" She scrunched up her nose, looking up the building, likely annoyed that I took her to a three hour drive just for a hotel. I laughed and held her hand.

"Yeah. It's better here," I led her to my secret entrance and when we took the elevator, I punched the code to go up to my penthouse.

"Wow! Great penthouse," For the first time since her grandma's death, I saw her real smile again. I can't help but smile too. It felt like an achievement to make her smile.

"The balcony is better," I whispered, kissing her head before going to the room. I put the duffel bag down and when I got to the balcony, Jennie is staring down the sea bellow us.

I chose this hotel because this has the best view out of all of them. A view of the sea where we can spend our morning, swimming or sunbathing or just simply admiring. And it has a private hot tub in the balcony where you can go naked all you want without someone spotting you and taking a picture of you.

I noticed Jennie looking at me as I stared down the calm sea. I look at her, raising my eyebrows in question.

"Thank you," She whispered before leaning up and sealing our lips together. I smiled and kissed her back before breaking it.