~11~ Tutoring & Bucket list

M A R  L I E

M A R L I E

Punishment wasn't as bad for me as it was for all the boys. I may have snitched to get myself less time, but I don't care. It was all their idea.

Adam told his boys they have a new curfew. Julius is required to do an after-school activity until graduation and Christian is going to need tutoring every day.

I guess the worse part for me is that I am his tutor. With the little fight he started at the party dad saved him from hitting the slammers. Someone had called the cops and he of course got stuck in the sticky situation.

Dexter has the worst punishment of all. He's on house arrest for the next two weeks. No girlfriend, no friends, just school and his room. I felt bad for Haley, but I told her she can always hang around with me, until she is able to get out the house again. My mother had called hers. Apparently, she lied about the party and said it was a get together. I don't blame her.

The first day of tutoring with Christian went exactly as excepted. He is hardheaded when it comes to math and science. We bumped heads more that day than any other day.

"Why is it so hard for you to take help?" I asked him, slamming my palms on the textbook.

We were sitting in the library, on a day that only me is working.

"Help is a sign of weakness." He replied.

"No. Taking help is a sign of you not having a mental illness." I slammed the textbook. "I am not going to waste my time, if you're going to be ungrateful."

He face turns for the annoying attitude to neutral. "I don't want to do this. I did, but not with you. I don't take help from a female that well." He admits.

"It's obvious." I tell him with a smile.

"If we are being honest, I hated guys." I inform him.

And he replies, "Like, Misandry?"

I shook my head and laughed at him. "Not that deep, I'm not prejudice. I think both genders should have rights."

"Then why hate men?"

I sigh and face him. "In middle school, I had my first kiss. He then threw up fake puke to embarrass me in front of the whole cafeteria. Him and his friends said my breath smelled like feet."

His lips lift to laugh but he holds it. "That's terrible. Who was the guy?" I wasn't sure how to tell him Kayden was my bully. So, I didn't say anything at all. "Are you not going to tell me?"

"It doesn't matter who it was."

He smiles at me. It's interesting seeing how different he is, if he actually wants to talk to you.

"I can definitely tell you, whoever the guy was, was wrong. I am sure your breathe doesn't smell like feet." He said.

"Thanks. It actually smells like peppermint."