Chapter 7

----
"How long have you been awake for?" I looked at the bed to Mason and smiled. River was still knocked out.

"Not long." I said taking my cigarette out of my mouth. I tapped my finger on it making a small amount of ash fall from it. I had the window open and there's no screen on it. Mason carefully got up and walked over to me sitting next to me on the window seat.

"Why are you smoking? You haven't in a while." He asked.

"Just felt like having one." I shrugged.

"Are you okay?" He grabbed my cigarette and used the ashtray to put it out. I rolled my eyes but accepted they don't like me smoking. I moved closer to him and laid my head on his shoulder while also grabbing his hand, interlocking our fingers.

"Thanks for pushing me like that yesterday. I do feel different now that your guys scent is on me." I said making him blush a little.

"I told ya." He mocked.

"Got anything planned for tomorrow?" I asked him.

"Not that I know of." He shrugged.

"Good. My pack is throwing a party for you and River tomorrow. We should talk to both of your parents today to make sure they're okay with it. I'll have my beta come so he can help convince them." I told him.

"Who's your beta? Is it Toby or Percy?" He asked.

"No I offered it to them again this time but they like to work with the warriors." I smiled at the thought of my best friends. I haven't seen them in a few days.

"So who is it then?" He asked.

"His name is Finley, he's the ginger guy that showed up to my dads funeral." I told him.

"Ohhh I remember him. He looked pretty young." He sniffled a laugh.

"He's 27." I grinned.

"Oh damn."

"What are you guys doing?"

*•*•*•*•*•*
"What's this about boys?" Mason's dad John asked as he sat down at the table with the rest of us.

"As you guys know I'm a hellhound and the Alpha of them, but because I have my mates now I want them to run it with me." I said nervously. As they were about to speak the front door opened and closed.

"Sorry I'm late Alpha." Finley said out of breath.

"It's okay don't worry." I gave him a quick smile.

"Hi I'm Finley, Shivas beta." He said sitting next to Mason.

"I don't know about you guys but I give River permission. I trust you Shiva to get my son safe." Casey said.

"I appreciate it Casey." I smiled.

"What exactly would Mason have to do?" John asked.

"As of right now just help keep the pack in check. Most situations are in hell so they won't be doing any of the hard stuff just yet." I told them.

"How many people are in your pack?" He asked.

"19 hellhounds, 7 normal wolves, 3 witches, and 1 vampire." Finley said.

"Wow you have a bit of everything." Mason's mom, Sally giggled.

"Yeah most of them just needed a place to stay but after some time they ended up joining the pack." I smiled. John and Sally whispered things to each other before looking back at me.

"Is this what you want Mason?" John asked.

"Of course." He said confidently.

"Then fine. You better keep my son safe." John said sternly.

"We will." I reassured.

"Thank you guys so much." Mason and River said at the small time.

"Great, now take me to your siblings." Finley said standing up.

"Thank you for your time." I said standing up as well. "We have to leave at 2 so please be ready. Me and Finley will be back to get you guys." I kissed both their cheeks before leaving with Finley.

"Bye Shiva!" I heard Casey yell.

"You got yourself good mates." Finley said slapping my back.

"I know." I smiled. "Thank you for coming today." I told him.

"Fin!" Lucas yelled as he ran at us. Finley bent over a little so he could pick him up.

"I missed you." Finley said hugging him. Emery came over to us and hugged me. She's not close to Finley with Lucas.

"You okay?" I asked Emery, hugging her back.

"Where were you last night?" She let go of me.

"I spent the night at Mason and Rivers." I told her. She nodded and went back to sitting on the blanket underneath a tree to read her book. "I'm gonna go get ready so you can chill out here or come inside." I said walking inside.

"Shiva." I looked at Daniel and sighed. "I told you when you moved in, if you stay out you need to text or call me." He said glaring at me.

"I was with River and Mason plus I didn't know I wasn't planning on spending the night." I said rubbing the back of my neck.

"It doesn't matter. I didn't know where you were." He said annoyed.

"Okay your right I'm sorry. If I knew I was going to sleep over I would've texted you." I said calming him down a tiny bit.

"Just...go get ready for your party." He sighed. I nodded and walked up to my room. I grabbed underwear and a shirt before walking to the bathroom. I started shower turning it as hot as I could.