Chapter 2

----
It's been 2 weeks since I met River and Mason. The first week started great but the second...I turned quiet and distant. I'm just so tired because my dads acting like a big dick and I've had to watch my baby brother and sister. I take them to school and pick them up, I have to watch them and make sure they're healthy. Then once they fall asleep my dad gets home from the bar drunk as shit and ends up fighting with me all night. He beats me until I either passed out or I'm coughing up blood. I've ended up having to ditch school now because it hurts to much to even get up.

"Here take this bud." I said to my little brother Lucas, he's 8 years old. His face scrunched up as he put the spoon into his mouth drinking the medicine.

"Gross." He said making me laugh.

"Lay down now." I ruffled his hair before he laid back down. I pulled his blanket up and moved out the way of his tv. I heard a knock on the door so I walked over to it and opened to see Percy, Toby, Mason and River.

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked. River jumped at me wrapping his arms around my waist. I winced but hugged him back. Mason grabbed my head and made me rest it on his shoulder.

"Where the hell have you been?" River asked me.

"I'm sorry." I suddenly got super emotional.

"Shiva." I pulled my head up and turned to my 13 year old sister Emery.

"Everything okay?" I asked.

"When's dad coming home? He needs to sign my permission slip for school." She said holding a piece of paper.

"Emery your old enough to understand. Dads a piece of shit." I said making her laugh.

"Can you sign it?" She asked.

"Yeah, you guys can come inside." I left the guys near the door while I went to the kitchen with Emery. She handed me the paper and a pen so I did my signature and handed it back to her.

"Thank you." She smiled and started walking away before stopping. "I found the pain medicine you needed." She handed me the bottle of pills before running off to her room.

"You okay?" Toby asked me.

"Yeah." I told him.

"Bitch please. River and Mason ask if he's okay and use your scent on him." Percy scoffed. I took a step away from them and narrowed my eyes at them.

"Shiva, are you okay?" River asked releasing his scent as well as Mason. I groaned as I put my hands on the table.

"No. I'm tired and sore." I sighed.

"Your dad...is he drinking again?" Percy asked.

"Yes."

"Lift your shirt up." Toby commanded.

"Fuck off." I growled.

"You promised you'd tell us if he started hitting you again." Toby raised his voice a little. I heard Lucas move a little from the couch.

"Keep your voice down idiot. Lucas and Emery don't know." I snapped at him.

"You promised." He said offended.

"How could I? It's embarrassing. My father drinks all day and comes home to beat his son. How could I just tell you guys that?" My eyes filled with tears.

"We're family Shiva. We're there for you and will always have your back." Percy said pulling me into a tight hug.

"Yeah you dumbass." Toby joined in hugging the both of us.