4th chapter

A few days later

Lexie's POV:

Today I woke up half-dead. It's sunny. In Seattle. At least one success today. I felt like I was alive but also dead. That's what zero sleep two days in a row does to you.

"Mer, where's my toothbrush?", Derek yelled from the bathroom. "I don't know, but I can't find Zola's green pacifier. Has anybody seen that damn thing!? She won't stop crying without it."

Seems like there is a lot to handle down there, but I'm willing to help so I yell back: "I'm coming downstairs, I'll help you!"

Turns out we didn't find her pacifier and yep, you guessed right, baby Zola is still crying. We're all running out of nerves. Meredith looks like she hasn't slept in 3 days, Derek's hair wasn't combed and it was standing everywere it wasn't supposed to be, April's head was leaning against the window, desperately trying to get some sleep. We all look pretty much like zombies and people noticed. The first one was Cristina.

"What happened to you guys?" She asked trying to hide a smirk behind her cup of coffee that she was sipping on. "Coffee, I need coffee.." I turned around and headed straight for the coffee stand in the lobby.

"Keep the change", I said to the woman and was headed to look into our weekly schedule. I was wondering about on whose service I was gonna be that week and didn't even notice there was somebody standing behind the corner. I totally ran into them and spilled the coffee on their scrubs.

"Oh- I'm.. I'm so sorry, I didn't look where I was going."

"It's okay, that was an old one anyway, time to get a new one.", a very familiar voice said to me. Mark. "Damn it, how do we keep meeting like that.." I thought to myself, at least that is what I thought until he answered: "Well, if you want to be specific you ran into me like a crazy person. Not me."

"Did I just say that out loud? Sorry, I- uh gotta go, bye." And with that, I ran away.

A few hours later

I was walking through the halls to the on-call room to get some sleep because I couldn't get any last night. And the night before, thanks to Baby Zola. She was crying endlessly. The whole damn night.

Opening the door to room 1 I found two people in bed together. I could tell by the guy's navy blue scrubs on the floor that it was an attending and probably some nurse I didn't know. I tried turning around without them noticing me but as I was just trying to close the door silently, my pager went off: 911 Bailey.

The guy turned around because of his pager that was beeping as well, not even noticing me in the doorway and said: "Oh damn, I gotta go, it's 911 from Bailey." That's his voice. Mark, again. I gotta get outta here, I thought to myself.

TO BE CONTINUED