Chapter 60: Kunsol

Start from the beginning

Joshua gulped and looked down. "I just wanted to tell you that I like you...you know as more than just friends", he confessed.

Yeongdo looked away and sighed. He knew this would happen at some point and he knew that he needed to be truthful. He also knew that this would be the end of their friendship and he would no longer have his best friend. "Joshua, you are an amazing person and anyone would be lucky to have you but"

"Please don't continue" Joshua pleaded as his eyes watered. He knew what was about to happen and didn't if he was ready to hear it.

"You know that I have to or else you will never get closure", Yeongdo murmured and cleaned his best friend's tears with sadness, "Joshua I'm sorry but I don't see you like that, and I hope you know that you deserve so much love, but I just can't give the love you want"

"Please"

"I'm sorry" Yeongdo stepped back and walked away from Joshua, feeling guilty for breaking the heart of one of the most important people in his life. But he couldn't give Joshua what he wanted, because he just saw him as a brother. Yet know they would probably just treat each other like strangers.

Joshua threw his pencil and sketchbook away from him before curling into a ball. He closed his eyes as he replayed the moment in his head.

Kun would check up on him regularly but would not comment on his state. He had a feeling that Joshua was going through his first heartbreak and didn't want to make him feel worse by asking. He would wait until Joshua was ready to open up to him.

On the other hand, it was surprising that Jian hadn't noticed since those two are literally roommates. Well, how could he? when Joshua acted like everything was fine when he was around because he didn't want to cause any trouble in the friend group.

However, that afternoon when Jian got back from practice, Joshua found himself sobbing inside the bathroom. Jian frowned but didn't comment on it when Joshua exited the bathroom. He didn't want to force anything out of the younger. During dinner, everything was normal so Jian shrugged it off.

Later that night though, Jian woke up to Joshua screaming in his sleep. He immediately got out of bed and went to wake up the younger.

Joshua woke up with tears streaming down his face and looking scared. Jian held him in his arms and comforted him as he felt the younger's heart beating fast. While Joshua held tight to Jian's shirt and cried.

"Hey hey, it's okay, I'm here", Jian said softly. It took him a few minutes to calm Joshua down but when he did the younger looked afraid.

"Jian" Joshua called out his name in a whisper. "can you sleep with me tonight?" He asked with a terrified tone.

"Of course"

"Thank you" Joshua replied softly and made space for Jian, so the boy could lay down.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Jian asked Joshua slowly and the younger nodded.

Joshua closed his eyes as he tried to remember what the dream was about. "I don't remember the dream, but I just remember feeling alone and scared"

"Did anything happen to make you feel like this?" Jian asked with a worried tone.

"I-", Joshua said sahikly, "I confessed to Yeongdo and he-" He tried to continue but couldn't and felt his eyes water once again.

"Rejected you" Jian whispered and Joshua hummed in response. "Well it's his loss, he lost an amazing person"

"But it hurts" Joshua sobbed.