Damsel in Distress

Start from the beginning

"I'm so sorry Pat. Remus snuck up on me while Roman was sleeping and I-I couldn't do anything. I was too scared."

"Oh Virgil, there's no need to beat yourself up over it. We're together now, so let's go get our boy back!"

"My thoughts exactly Patton, but we need a plan. Virgil, do you have any idea where Remus might have taken Roman? Last time he hid out in a cave up in the mountains, but that ridge is vast so it will take too much time to scan all of it."

"I think he'd still be hiding the same way honestly. I remember him bringing me to this one cave he had all decked out with all sorts of weird clothes and tiny buildings."

"Promising, do you recall where that cave was?"

"Yeah I do since it was just a couple of months ago."

"Why did he take you there anyway?" Patton asked curiously.

Virgil bit down on his lower lip as he decided whether or not to answer Patton.

"Ugh, he wanted me to play with him...but he said we had to go out and find some toys first."

"Toys!? Yo-you don't mean...people?"

Patton was mortified at just the idea of people being played around like dolls. Virgil freaked out and responded quickly,

"Woah hey! I never agreed to it. I never liked playing with that guy so I just shrugged him off and found a corner to read in instead. You don't think I'd actually go out people-snatching with that loon do you Pat?"

Patton's eyes softened. "Oh course not kiddo, but the idea was really scary to think about is all. I know you don't see us like that."

Virgil sighed in relief and smiled. Logan coughed a bit to suggest they get a move on quickly in order to rescue Roman.

Gently, Virgil laid his hand on the ground and motioned for Patton to climb on up. Patton hopped right on enthusiastically as he was lifted up to Virgil's shoulder. Logan reached out his arms to help Patton climb on and they held hands to keep each other steady as Virgil stood back up.

"One more thing before we disembark on our mission, Virgil, I suggest you increase in size substantially in order to better traverse the mountain terrain."

"I agree with Logan. If you get bigger it will help finding Roman easier."

"Okay, you both hold onto my shirt collar then. I don't want either of you falling off."

"Got it!" Both said in unison.

- With that Virgil shifted dramatically to a whopping 500 feet tall instantly. As they were being flung up rapidly, Patton and Logan hugged onto Virgil's shirt for dear life until the shaking stopped. Both of them peeled their eyes open again to find their new view spectacular! They could see everything from the town, lake, valley, forest, and mountains. Neither of them had ever been so high up before. The entire experience was completely indescribable as they both stared in awe.

Virgil: "You both okay?" he whispered.

Virgil's sudden question snapped Patton and Logan out of their starry eyed daze and back to reality. They both hastily answered,

"Yes, we're fine!"

"Alright, I'm going to start moving then. Prepare yourselves."

Instinctively, Logan and Patton both gripped onto Virgil's shirt collar tightly and braised themselves. This was going to be a long trip as each step Virgil took, no matter how delicately, jostled the two of them around like wet noodles.